You can type here any text you want

Turbo noise after acceleration

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA #373

After I accelerate & let off the gas the Turbo makes a rubbing noise? Its not a whinding down noise.

If it sounds like a flutter..that is normal..

It's normal, when the throttle blades close suddenly the pressurized air has to go somewhere so it reverts back to the compressor.

Only way to get rid of this and it's not 100% perfect is a blow off valve/bypass valve..................

???

I thought it was due to the puck cycling on and off the the hole in the exhaust housing. For the most part the system leading off the excess pressure on the hot side of the turbo. The flutter was the on/off rush of pressure through the gate.

When the blade closes I can see it slowing the turbo due to pressure but without a blow off valve there is no real place for it to go.

Brent

It vents to the atmosphere with a blow off valve. Some swear by them some say they're not needed on our cars.........

Ok..this is getting thick..like not liking the car is white..its how it is..dont buy a turbo charged car if you dont like the sound of the turbo ;)

The sound will grow on you..with time you'll learn to accept it :rolleyes:

Back