You can type here any text you want

turbo oil return question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboV6Sonoma

Im back!! Maybe for good
Would it be better to have my turbo oil return into the oil pan rather that have to drill my 291 4.1 block for the oil return? I wouldn't think it would be ideal to have the hot oil from the turbo dumped on to the top of the motor. Isn't this what stage 2 guys do?

Thanks
Ryan

Return it to the pan. You are going to have to mock it up so you dont have any issues when the motor goes in the car.

57128320-B84C-46FB-9A27-5F35F24D47B9.jpeg

I drilled the block and set it up like stock. There is not that much oil that comes from the turbo.

I ran mine to the pan. It's TIGHT to get it in there while avoiding the motor mount and oil pump.

not sure if the average joe could do it like i did though, since I spent some time on the bigass Monarch and built an extra long AN fitting.

I never seen a drain done on the pan that I liked. All the ones I seen sit below the oil line and eventually leak.

Attachments

• 1DDA91C0-314F-476D-9D6F-77071A387115.png
    1DDA91C0-314F-476D-9D6F-77071A387115.png
    8 MB · Views: 135
Off the topic, but I wondered how much oil was returned from the turbo.
Not a lot, at least not under pressure. The drain is a larger diameter than the feed. The feed will read oil pressure when read with a gauge. Then whatever squeezes past the bearing in the turbo simply dribbles into the drain and with gravity should freely makes it back to the block.

Back