Turbo Pipe Plumbing Ideas

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
I installed a new piping connector that's come out. It has no flexing abilitly, but works well on 3 piece tubing layouts.

Attachments

• IMGP1775rs.jpg
    IMGP1775rs.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 700
  • IMGP1777rs.jpg
    IMGP1777rs.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 707
  • IMGP1780rs.jpg
    IMGP1780rs.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 687
It looks like a knurled nut Donnie. How's that supposed to work?

The knurled part that you see spins freely on the upper tube and has internal threads like the end of a garden hose. The end of the lower tube has the externally threaded part of the connector with an o-ring groove on the sealing surface. Three turns and it's done. No tools required for assembly and disassembly.

That's a great idea, nice job. It's very similar to Gamah style fittings used on aircraft fuel systems.

The knurled part that you see spins freely on the upper tube and has internal threads like the end of a garden hose. The end of the lower tube has the externally threaded part of the connector with an o-ring groove on the sealing surface. Three turns and it's done. No tools required for assembly and disassembly.

cool stuff for sure. Did you use some anit-seize to help you if it is a little sticky?

A pic of the threaded cap backed off. You can just see the o-ring.

Attachments

• IMGP1797rs.jpg
    IMGP1797rs.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 535
Let me make it clear that I didn't make the joint. Actually, a local shop designed it and is having them manufactured. He showed it to me once and I had the perfect spot for it. Normally, I want some flex at the ends of plumbing for an air intake pipe, but the tube that I have this installed in is a 3 piece setup and this rigid joining did a lot to stabilize the setup.