You can type here any text you want

turbo piping

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I was wondering which is worse on your turbo a 90 deg bend immediately after the turbine or immediately after the compressor? I'm designing the layout of my twin turbos in the engine bay and up until recently I was going to use internal wastegates but it looks like I'm going exteral deltagates so that means I can ditch the stock wastegates and elbows off of the Ford T3's I'm going to be using. Anyone know if I can use the stock elbow without the wastegate assembly on those turbos?

Thanks,

You have to have a way to keep the wastegate hole in the turbo blocked off. I am guessing that your gates will be off of the header piping....

Howdy,

I was going to use to put the wastegates right before the turbos on the headers. I think I'll use the stock elbows but clean them up. They make the turn right after the exducer but I'm pretty sure I can get them to keep from putting too big of a constriction on the exhaust. This will give me a straight shot into the intercooler.

Thanks,

Back