You can type here any text you want

turbo preluber (ORT)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rpoL98

when my GN was new, I had installed one of the Oregon Research Technology (ORT) "Vehicle Saver" auxiliary engine oil pump setups. a couple years back the control module crapped out, I don't think ORT is around any more.

for a while, I had rigged up an under-dash push-button with a relay to turn on the pump to prelube the motor & turbo, but it got kinda old real quick to hold the button down after shutting off the engine to cool down the turbo. I didn't want to use a toggle switch to prevent accidental run-on due to "forgetting".

I bought an Apexi turbo timer ("auto timer"), why Apexi? because that's the brand that Summit sells. however, I didn't want to use it for engine run on, only to control my already-plumbed external electric oil pump.

I was able to duplicate the original ORT control module function using 4 relays, and 3 fuse holders (20A & 2x3A) with the Apexi timer. I'm still able to retain the pushbutton for priming the oil system, and the turbo timer provides the countdown to run the electric oil pump for a couple minutes after engine shut down to help prevent coking of the turbo bearings.

The Apexi timer normally splices into the ignition (engine on) circuit, and when you switch off the key, the Apexi then provides 12v on that wire to the engine to keep it running (which isn't what I wanted).

now I just gotta make the wiring look pretty...

the Apexi instructions are kinda sparse, to say the least. anyways, for those that want to use one of these "as Apexi originally intended", you only connect up 3 wires:
red - constant 12v.
green - ignition (engine on)
black - chassis ground.
blue - unused
gray - unused
white - unused

Back