You can type here any text you want

Turbo question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Will a stock torque convertor spool a T-66 turbo. serial no. is KD0800505. I have a Te-44 now. Just wondering is it worth swaping. I was trading a Dutweiler intercooler and the T-66 turbo for my TE-44 turbo. Is it worth trading?

Who's T66 turbo? I had a Turbonetics that I liked alot. Stock converter will not spool a T66. There have been some T66 turbos on ebay that I wouldnt even think about purchasing. Your TE44 will go mid 11's, what are your goals?

Bryan

I dont know of anyone running on a CX Racing Turbo. Maybe Bison will come in and have some knowledge of them. From the website it says 580 HP...your TE44 will cover that.

Bryan

i have a t66 and it is a great turbo... but it is not good for a stock setup stay with the 44

I've been doing upgrades to the various t66 turbos out there. They aren't all the same. The Garrett wheel was the best. Others may be almost as good. I have a nice forged milled 67mm wheel that will support roughly 12-15lbs/min more mass flow than a Garrett t66. It's lighter than the 66 and will easily support 125hp more. The 66 seems to die around 75lbs. The replacement will go over 85lbs/min.

Thanks guys after all your replies I decided to stay with the 44 for now but I will get the dutweiler intercooler and se what improvements I will get out of that. I actually wanted to upgrade to 3000-3200 stall convertor. Is that too much stall for a 44?

Back