You can type here any text you want

Turbo Regal Listing Tool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

theMonch

2QIK4U
I created (with one of my interns) a tool to assist in the listing of a turbo regal car for sale. I wanted to get some feedback before finalizing it.

I have it posted in the "Site Suggestions" thread, but there was no traffic there. Just giving notice here because this thread is where the tool will be of most benefit.

The post and link are here.

I tried using it, but i personally found it alot easier to list my car the way i have it listed here already.

Its a great idea, but i was filling it out and it timed out on me while i was getting my vin number, it skipped the rest of the fields,.. and went to the next page...

Oh well, has anyone used it to put their car up for sale? Id like to view it when its done

BW

Thanks

I tried using it, but i personally found it alot easier to list my car the way i have it listed here already.

Its a great idea, but i was filling it out and it timed out on me while i was getting my vin number, it skipped the rest of the fields,.. and went to the next page...

Oh well, has anyone used it to put their car up for sale? Id like to view it when its done

BW

I know it is a little cumbersome, but the idea was to direct a user down the proper road of giving all of the pertinent info up front. So many listings I see on the forum forget the basics like price, location, even year of car.

I am not sure what you mean by "timed out" and "skipped the rest of the fields". The program uses no server variables or database at all. It is all self-contained within a HTML form. You should be able to go to the form page (the one with all the checkboxes, etc.) and let it sit there all night, come back in morning and fill it out and have no problems.

Could you elaborate for me?

Regardless, I greatly appreciate the feedback.

For me, i was filling it out and put in half the info and the next thing i know the page changed and what i filled out wasnt there.

Im kind of the give it one shot type of guy.... and i have about 10 minutes into it.

Anyone try it yet and post a car for sale? Id STILL like to see it.

BW

For me, i was filling it out and put in half the info and the next thing i know the page changed and what i filled out wasnt there.

Im kind of the give it one shot type of guy.... and i have about 10 minutes into it.

Anyone try it yet and post a car for sale? Id STILL like to see it.

BW
I also have a short attention span when it comes to the internet. That is why I was looking for as much feedback as possible to help sculpt the tool into something people will want to use.

As for the refresh situation that you experienced, I have been unable to replicate it. I am hoping it might have been an accidental mouse wheel click or something that forwarded you to another page. If you do take another look at it and it happens again, let me know.

Thanks.

I have posted a sample of the tools' output here.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/site-suggestions-help/261911-turb-o-matic-turbo-regal-listing-tool.html#post1969008

Back