You can type here any text you want

Turbo shield: What's it worth??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lnkncontiverto

Feel my Pacifists-of-Fury
I had planned on leaving this sit on my mantle at home for a good conversation piece, but some unforeseen circumstances in my engine build have led me to consider parting ways. The only problem is, as the title states, what would you think this is worth?

I had already asked for some help I.D.-ing it, located here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/317898-help-id-gnx-turbo-shield.html

Cliffnotes version: Real GNX heat shield, possibly prototype, unused, and for some reason was not coated.

Thoughts greatly appreciated.:D

DSC01379.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

Contact Dennis Kirban or his friend with all the parts that is well known, has an open house & does the prototypes for many parts, but his name slips my mind?

Let me know what you need for it? I'm interested. Thanks

I'm not sure what its worth. Another member has a crispy turbo shield out of a torched GNX for $750. It doesnt' look like its sold though. So??:confused: Open to offers. :D

Champion Irons are my ultimate goal, after an over-decked ebay head debacle.:mad: So trade/partial trade?

I'm not sure what its worth. Another member has a crispy turbo shield out of a torched GNX for $750. It doesnt' look like its sold though. So??:confused: Open to offers. :D

Champion Irons are my ultimate goal, after an over-decked ebay head debacle.:mad: So trade/partial trade?

PM me i want it.

Holy smokes. I got this inquiry about the gnx shield. He had pm'd me if it was available and I responded by asking if he had an offer. This was the response. Names omitted for courtesy. Wow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well a brand new one is $399 on ebay.

BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GNX (ASC) TURBO COVER VERY RARE: eBay Motors (item 200509096438 end time Sep-15-10 13:35:07 PDT)

That guy hasn't sold any of them. A chrome one on ebay without the GNX on them is $109. I would put the value on it somewhere in the middle.

To me it's worth $145 all day.

I realize that the real ones should be worth more. But to who? There are only 547 GNX's out there. And I know there's a guy that wants $750 for one. I don't know why though. They are just turbo covers with holes in them. I'm a graphic designer, I can cut holes in metal in the shape of GNX and the other straight lines to avoid the $399. Just my opinion.

If you want more, I'm not your buyer.

I don't know what to say, but those are some top notch negotiating skills. If I get desperate enough to sell it for $145, you gotta at least pay the shipping.:eek::D;)

I have inspected a few of the shields from ebay. They are EXTREMELY nice however made in a different style then the ones on the GNXs. They are also made of Aluminum unlike the original GNX shields.

You have a very rare piece there and I am sure it will not be a problem to sell it. Not only did the GNX shields have lettering and slots on them they were also made larger to accommodate the contamination trap on the GNX Turbos.

Well you did say 'Thoughts greatly appreciated.'

Some people though huh?

I'll give you $145 plus shipping!

:)

Good luck with the sale man.

_Chris

Holy smokes. I got this inquiry about the gnx shield. He had pm'd me if it was available and I responded by asking if he had an offer. This was the response. Names omitted for courtesy. Wow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well a brand new one is $399 on ebay.

BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GNX (ASC) TURBO COVER VERY RARE: eBay Motors (item 200509096438 end time Sep-15-10 13:35:07 PDT)

That guy hasn't sold any of them. A chrome one on ebay without the GNX on them is $109. I would put the value on it somewhere in the middle.

To me it's worth $145 all day.

I realize that the real ones should be worth more. But to who? There are only 547 GNX's out there. And I know there's a guy that wants $750 for one. I don't know why though. They are just turbo covers with holes in them. I'm a graphic designer, I can cut holes in metal in the shape of GNX and the other straight lines to avoid the $399. Just my opinion.

If you want more, I'm not your buyer.

I don't know what to say, but those are some top notch negotiating skills. If I get desperate enough to sell it for $145, you gotta at least pay the shipping.:eek::D;)
Call me i'll take it (646)573-0930,Eddie

Well you did say 'Thoughts greatly appreciated.'

Some people though huh?

I'll give you $145 plus shipping!

:)

Good luck with the sale man.

_Chris

Hell.. If thats the case I'll give you $150 plus shipping! :biggrin:

I'd agree that its well worth more than that... $145... sheesh!

Factory GNX parts are worth money because of the 547 copys arent worth pennies on the dollar to me jmo .... I hate clones too :D

Back