You can type here any text you want

Turbo size.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
Impeller.jpg This car has a lot of parts that I do not know a lot about. I purchased this 86 GN at a good price but I don't know a lot of details. I would like to know what size and brand of turbo it has. The compressor inlet wheel seems to be a bit over 60 MM a 2 1/2 inch washer is just about same size as impeller 63.5mm. I cant find any markings on turbo. it is still on car. Thanks

Last edited:
If it's a .3625" shaft it's probably a 63mm compressor with a clipped p trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the purpose of clipping? Also about what HP range is it good for. It also has a 3 inch DP 3 inch duals and no cat. This is the first car I have ever had without knowing all the details of what was done to it.
I will find out before I an finished because I am going to break it down to inspect everything. I built by first big block over 30 years ago but this is my first boosted one.

What is the purpose of clipping? Also about what HP range is it good for. It also has a 3 inch DP 3 inch duals and no cat. This is the first car I have ever had without knowing all the details of what was done to it.
I will find out before I an finished because I am going to break it down to inspect everything. I built by first big block over 30 years ago but this is my first boosted one.
Clipping will increase the flow a little but require more exhaust pressure to spool. It's a turbo that will support low 10 sec power but needs a good converter to work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How will street manners and throttle response be with it. I probably won't be taking it to the track too much. This car used to run 7.10's in the 1/8 on streetable tires. I am planning on just having fun driving it and an occasional show.

Back