You can type here any text you want

Turbo stangs use NOS?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Ok i luv my GN I'd never get rid of it but now you see all these Stangs with Turbos and on top of that they are using NOS as well. Why dont us Buick guys adopt thi or more of us use this. I mean the Ford guys are and those felleas, runnin the turbo NOS combo are rippin the streets up. So is there something im missing bout ours cars. Is there something that wont allow us to run that combo sucessfully?

They have tons of cheap spare parts.. they can blow one up..go to the junkyard..and build another one.

Theyre way behind us in keeping stuff together. Only the guys running pure race gas stand a chance, the ones on the street are claiming it makes 600RWHP on 93 octane.. those are the ones after two trips to the track..call the wrecker.

When I see one of those turbo stangs run 300 Passes on NOS and pump gas..I will tip my hat..

Until then.. I got them by a mile...

Local car club..I've seen them come and go..and blow up..

No longetivity

I use N.O.S. on my T-Type. I have a spray nozzel placed inside a cold air box located just behind the drivers side headlites and about 16 inches before the MAF sensor. With a dry shot it took my car from 13.50 to 12.39 with just a .65 jet. I just added a fuel enrichment nozzel after the MAF sensor but have yet to take it back to the track. Runs great!!! Should be close to a low low 12 now.

nos through maf

That would work good on a non intercooled car,it would have too far to travel in an intercooled app I would think. I did the same thing on a 4.6 Cougar using jet for 100hp. Went from 10.30 to a 9.40 in the 1/8 mile. If you try to spray too much through the maf it will not read but so much air(lean out). If adding fuel enrichment do not spray nos through the maf or it will be way rich.
Just buy a fogger nozzle and place just before the tb.
50 shot or so is all you can go w/out a lower timing chip or lowering the boost a few pounds. You have to watch for knock!

Re: nos through maf

Originally posted by ITSAV6
That would work good on a non intercooled car,it would have too far to travel in an intercooled app I would think. I did the same thing on a 4.6 Cougar using jet for 100hp. Went from 10.30 to a 9.40 in the 1/8 mile. If you try to spray too much through the maf it will not read but so much air(lean out). If adding fuel enrichment do not spray nos through the maf or it will be way rich.
Just buy a fogger nozzle and place just before the tb.
50 shot or so is all you can go w/out a lower timing chip or lowering the boost a few pounds. You have to watch for knock!

I can only run a max of 12 lbs. of boost when using the bottle otherwise I do run into knock.
I didn't understand what you meant by the mass air leaning out the mixture? I thought it would richen it up being that it would be reading cold air.

Thanks

lean

The maf is only capable of reading a certain amount of air. It sends a voltage back to the computer. If like the 86-7 the computer only reads up to 255 grams per second then "locks".
The fords get to 5v output and thats it. If you spray more through the maf than it is capable of reading and you will go lean.
If you are going to add a fuel enrichment nozzle just get a fogger nozzle and spray the nos&fuel just before the tb and after the maf. If you spray nos before the maf and fuel after the maf you will be too rich. As the ecm will add fuel and the fuel nozzle will too.
Get a scan tool!!!!! Get an extender chip as it will allow the ecm to read double the amount of air through the maf,get a set of larger injectors,have the timing set up for the nos.
Just my 2cent.:D

Back