You can type here any text you want

Turbo TA Dyno results!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tim Barnum

I took the T/A to the dyno today and it pulled 321 Hp at 3500 rpm and 473 ft/torque at 3600 with the stock turbo. So what do you guys think it will run in the 1/4? Let me know. Thanks Tim

What psi are you running, what tires, gas etc. just from those numbers I'd say around 13.2@106-107mph.

I'm running 101 fuel and 19lbs boost but the boost drops after 3500 rpm to about 15lbs. The stock turbo must be loosing steam. I'm running ET Streets and can hold 10lbs boost with the foot brake.

are you sure it's the turbo and not the actuator? Mine is finicky too sometimes its 18-19 sometimes 20psi. Your puck may not be sealing all the way.

I dynoed my recent TTA at the bristol bash last year with these results=356hp and 522 ft/lbs on stock turbo.This was at 22-23 psi of boost.The car ran 12.14@113 one week prior to that with a 1.6 short time.I'm guessing with et streets good driving it should run a 12.5 -12.8 around 110mph with good short times.Good luck!:D

When I dynoed mine, it was 318hp and 455tq and I ran a best of 12.15@111. Stock everything maxed out :) That was at 18# and Xylene mixed with 93 octane.

That was on a 1.65 short time with Nittos. If you can hook, you should come pretty close if not beating that.

It seems to hook very well with the ET Streets. But if it doesn't hook I'll try the MT Drags on it. If the weather hold out I'll try it tonight.

I made it to the track. I ran a 12.93 @ 114.97 mph with a 2.230 60 foot:mad:. I couldn't get the turbo to spool at the line. The brakes would hold but, the turbo wouldn't boost past 4lbs until I went past the 60 foot mark. I guess a converter is the next thing to get.

sounds like you have the same problem. I couldn't spool at all and full boost didn't come in till the 330' mark. I switched the converter and didn't do much help. Gotta get the puck sealing problem taken care of first. It might be a little rich down low for you to build serious boost

Hi Tim!

Excactly what mod's do you have? None? Only gas and boost?

Anyway..... the problem getting boost on the line is well knowned by me as well...... first the heat, then to much fuel..... fuel isn't so bad, but the heat kills the IC on our cars.

Try and drive the car hot, let it rest in the sun for 5min. and try to get some boost..... guess no boost now, take the car for a drive at 50mph for 5 min, directly after that..... stop the car and try building the boost..... guess you get some boost now!

There is reason that a few TTA's had the watercooled IC stock mounted. (5 i think)

Anyway.... after learning these cars and the 250hp@340ft lbs is way higher.
We all know that they where dynoed at 301bhp but no numbers on the tourque, looks like stock tourque should be over 450 ft lbs.

The 12.93 @ 114 run was with a 60-1 turbo. The turbo is too big for the stock converter:D. I put the stock turbo back on the car and now I can get 10lbs boost on the street with the foot brake. I found out that the three bolt flange is uneven and leaked with or without a gasket so I'll work on that. I could get a .002 gage under the turbo flange in the front even with a gasket. My car has Champion ported heads with bigger valves and O-ringed, Champion ported intake, 218,218 Comp cam, 3" down pipe with cutout, Big neck stock intercooler, stock converter and rearend noise:mad:. I should be able to get into the 11's with the stock turbo.

Back