You can type here any text you want

turbo talk

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; This is 2016 and long way from 86 when my T was born. I have the same stock turbo, converter and trans. What would be the latest and greatest turbo a step or two above stock. I don't race and I don't need to go a million MPH but I'd like to know?
IBBY

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the tried and true TA49/TE44 with stock converter.

Give your car a 30th bday gift bring it out to cottons have them do new springs/bilstein shocks all around, any frame bracing it doesn't already have, full rubber body bushing kit including gnx, turbonetics bb te44 w/ tight 10.5" 2500 l/u converter & alky kit you won't look at your car the same way again.

Give your car a 30th bday gift bring it out to cottons have them do new springs/bilstein shocks all around, any frame bracing it doesn't already have, full rubber body bushing kit including gnx, turbonetics bb te44 w/ tight 10.5" 2500 l/u converter & alky kit you won't look at your car the same way again.
hello; I have been to cottons and all you say is done and more but the turbo thing is on and off with me.
IBBY

What would be the latest and greatest turbo a step or two above stock. I don't race and I don't need to go a million MPH but I'd like to know?
there are no steps,turbos are chosen based on how much power you want to make/support.so in reality you need to know,then you can choose fuel system,build the drivetrain,build the motor etc.its all about the right combo and matching the parts.

Just take the turbo off and send it to bison and he can upgrade it to a 49 for you. Will work great with your almost stock car.

Even if it's a stock turbo(tbo-348). Spools very nice at 17psi of boost & maybe more easily, With a restalled d5/fuel/chip(stock convertor)..

Last edited:
30th bdays don't come around evry day, if you haven't done any upgrades to your car in that time it would average out to a small price to pay, might even make "IT" move just a little..or you can keep on taking the little lady to Ponderosa and stare at each other while you gum your Salisbury steaks :)

Keep the stock turbo and converter. Alky, chip, boost controller, more boost, hotwire a bigger fuel pump, bam, 12's. If you get a 44/49 turbo without more boost and race gas or alky, you're going to spend money to go slower. For a 44, I'd get a 3000 stall LU converter.

Back