Turbo to manifold gasket

87LimitedT

Just getting started
Well i finnally got my car done and running yesterday i go and smash on it a little and im getting no boost at all, so i adjusted the waistgate some more still nothing and now this morning i have it maxed out and nothing then i look at my new remflex gasket and it completly blown out so im geussing thats my boost problem.

Should i be fine without a gasket there or is there a sertan one i can use that wont blow out ar atleast last longer than the remflex one. I have used a copper one before wich blew out aswell.

I have never used a gasket and have never had a problem. I just had my turbo off in the spring and like usual I hit the mating surface with a flat file and smear an ultra thin coat of high temp silicone and never leaks.

The sce gasket has an embossed ring around it. Try that for $15 after you make sure the mating surfaces are straight. Sounds like they aren't.

I like the exhaust gaskets rjc sells.

Another little trick is to use a belt sander to flatten the flange. ;)

I recently dropped the ball and forgot to re-torque the turbo after the first heat cycle while using the SCE gasket and lost two fasteners for the turbo and the gasket blew out. I'm sure it would have been good and stayed sealed had I re-torqued the turbo down so I do think the SCE gasket is nice.
I used K&W Copper coat on my turbo and down pipe after cleaning and they are sealed up tight, I really like this stuff It gets better with heat.