You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak 93 street chip is awesome!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

Thanks Eric Marshal !!! I installed his 93 street chip in my TTA yesterday...WOW!!! the car is running awesome, idles better then it ever has and the exceleration is just plain awesome. I don't know why I waited so long to do this, boy was I missing out. I also installed the new 160 deg thermostat, RJC power plate, test pipe w/dump & QTP electric cutout and new 100# valve springs as well. With the new 100# springs the now pulls hard off the line all the way past 5000 rpm from what I can tell where before it was crapping out at about 3800 rpm.

On the RJC PP I had the option to block off the EGR (default) or drill a hole in the plate to open it up and make it funtional. What is the preference here (I currently have it blocked off). I'm pretty sure Eric disables EGR with his chip so If leaving the EGR blocked off with the RJC PP do I need to do anything else or is that it?

How much boost should I be able to run on 93 with my current setup ? Boost went up a good bit and spools much faster now along with knock from my previous setting after installing all the parts this weekend. I keep turning it down 1/2 turn at a time on the adj. waste gate, just wondering what the ball park should be? I think I really need an adj. boost controller to fine tune my boost...the waste gate acctuator is a real pita!

Currrent mods: upgraded turbo inlet bell (no pcv line), 3" aluminum MAF pipe w/9" K&N, 100# valve springs, RJC power plate, 3" Action Fab downpipe w/3" QTP electronic cutout/test pipe, Turbo Tweak 93 Street Chip, 160 deg. t-stat, adj. waste gate actuator and a Scanmaster 2.1

Every thing else stock: MAF, injectors, fuel pump, FPR, turbo, inter cooler, trans and converter, etc.

Thanks,
Scott

Erics chip disables EGR. Don't drill for it. Sounds like its running great. I wouldnt run more than 18 lbs. More like 15. All cars are different though.

Jason

I can run 16-17 on his 93 chip, my car has a pte-44 turbo though which is larger than the stock one...I have a terry houston downpipe and cutout, msd 50 pound injectors also...if you think the 93 chip is awesome, try something like the 100 octane chip, it's that much better again...good enough to fry 2nd gear in my transmission :(

Sounds like it's running good, my old stocker with a thrasher93 chip could run 17-18# on 93 with 0 KR so I'd guess you should be able to do about the same with Eric's chip. My GTA runs 19-20# on 93 with his chip and no knock, but thats got a bigger turbo and front mount intercooler.

Steve

yeah...I'm taking it step by step (a little at a time). Next mods will be; Art Carr shift kit, trans cooler, Walbro FP, hot wire kit, AFPR, MSD 50's and then Alkycontrol and a new chip from Eric. I'm hitting around 18-20 psi right now according to the stock boost gauge (new Autometer boost/vaccum on the way) with about 3-4 deg. of knock and sometimes none :confused: Going to turn it down another turn or so to get it to zero knock with the dump open. Need to install the tie down strap to get rid of some false knock too. With my hard Goodyear Gatorbacks I go sideways when I hit 2nd with little to no effort whatsoever. Putting down rubber in 1st all the way through 2nd to the tune of about 200+ feet is not a problem...drag radial are also next on the list for sure before this thing gets away from me and I hit something.

-Scott

Stick with the adj. waste gate for now ;) And remember all 93 oct. is not the same....You will have to adjust boost accordingly for each tank for max performance. Set it and for get it with a safe tune and save for alky.

PS,
If your going to fry those stock tires, I would gladly take them off your hands.

Back