Turbo Tweek question...Eric or anyone who runs the new wideband chip..

AS long as your sensor is calibrated for gasoline, not e85 you will be ok with those numbers. Wideband measures OXYGEN... treat the numbers like u were tuning on gas.
What timing are you running?

AS long as your sensor is calibrated for gasoline, not e85 you will be ok with those numbers. Wideband measures OXYGEN... treat the numbers like u were tuning on gas.
What timing are you running?

yes,its a gasoline unit...UNGO by AEM...timing has been what the chip base * is(20.8*),which usually wot at the end of third is where most of my tuning is done.
my car has been really hard for me to get a handle on because of the big fuel line and the restrictive dual filter setup....i need to change my filter setup to a good less restrictive single filter and store the OEM for a future restoration.
i have two reds pumps now,and thew second fp relay is triggered to come on at 4 psi.its monitored by watching voltage toggle on input 5 set at volts.5v=on,0v=off.
also,now i have a set of wires soldered strait to the seconded fuel pump power leads at the tank(8ga:eek:)soldered to an led,mounted to gage pod,and ran up front so i can see the second pump come on by monitoring its true voltage....
all that because i couldn't get rich in the past with two walbros,etc...then finding out later on my first pass with powerlogger monitoring my car that the second pump never came on?? done some testing to find there was an internal problem with the vac switch that triggers the second fp relay(i used to oem one the goverment made)...all is good now...
thanks for your advice....also click on "info about my car" link to see pics of how my fuel system was setup.

Here's a little article that describes some about the air/fuel ratio with a wideband and E85.
E85 Mustangs.com - Tuning for E85

thanks, ill read that.

Actually Lambda is the same whether the fuel is gas, diesel, e85, methanol

pl file

heres wot around the end of third.....
i have a dakota digita fuel pressure gage hooked to the pl (psi 4) will not show the correct pressure..when my fp goes up,the pl reading will go down...i have to figure out how to calibrate it.

like already stated,im going to work my way back to 11.3-11.5....to see if that lean is faster??

Attachments

• plpaint.jpg
    plpaint.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 300
97% duty cycle???? Get that fixed first. Any reason that you have the chip set to open loop in 1st gear? Post the whole log as an attachment, use winzip to zip it up. Or you can email it to me and ill post it for you.

99% was really rich,its better when i lean it some...bigger injectors are in my future.this isnt 1 gear,so im not sure where you see that??
ill figure out how to post the run up...

heres another end of third sprint....11.5 afr...no knock inj dc better...this is before i installed the wb chip...

i dont have any full runs yet...

Attachments

• pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 295
Just looking at your block learn table you have targeted 9.8 in 1st gear WOT fuel ratio. See attached pic below. WHere are you getting these screen shots if you have no runs?

tt%20info%202%20copy.JPG

the second screen i increased the #4 fuel adjustment to 141....(im guessing the low afr numbers are gasoline targets?)

i have no full runs; to me that is a full quarter mile pass....these are part throttle to third,when mph is high enough not to downshift then i floor it to top of third.i figure its the easiest on my car to make runs like this....

YOu are correct, you are adding fuel at WOT. But the adjustments are all different for the wb chip. So lets stick with the wb chip. If you want the same kind of fueling on the wb chip you need to adjust cell 4 instead. Just post your log file it doesn't have to be a full pass, we just need to see the blms over a few seconds.

Target 11.5 in 1st gear (115 cell #1) and 11.3 (113 cell #2) for 3rd gear. Add 1.5 degree of timing maybe in 1st (132 cell #5). But your fuel flow is not enough so all your tuning maybe worthless until you have it fixed.

97% duty cycle???? Get that fixed first. Any reason that you have the chip set to open loop in 1st gear? Post the whole log as an attachment, use winzip to zip it up. Or you can email it to me and ill post it for you.

email sent...looks like you can help/coach me....:redface:

thats my plan is to see where my blms are then adjust to stay in the window....that first screen was the wb screen....was i rich,or ok? erics instruction were to stay within 5 blms,and i thought i was pretty close?

Ive got two reds xp pumps, 60lb inj, is this enough for e85 and 22.5 psi? if so, i still wounder if my fuel problem is because of my fuel filter setup?

The BLms are not bad, but your over 100% duty cycle the injectors are just wide open, it just happens at that flow rate your pretty close to the a/f you have programmed. I think the 60's are too small for e85, you need to flow your fuel system at 65 psi for 1 minute and it better be over 1.5 gal.

Attachments

• 3.13.11.1.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 59
this pic was taken when i first got the car...ive installed new ac delco filters twice since then...im sure this configuration doesn't help...

Attachments

• 03-27-07_0841.jpg
    03-27-07_0841.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 193
would turning up my base fuel pressure help? im at 45-50 static now... any instructions on how to test volume/flow?

Just take the return line off the fuel regulator into a gal can, set the fp to 70 psi record the time to fill the can. But you need at least a battery charger on the car to bump the voltage. Becareful of sparks though...If the injectors are to small fp wont help , but test flow 1st. If you don;t have the flow psi will drop off right away. I need to look at your log on that. Looks like its dropping off right away on boost