Turbo Tweek question...Eric or anyone who runs the new wideband chip..

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
looking to buy the wideband chip.....i have the powerlogger and AEM wideband...
i like the way the chips reads off the power logger and wideband to adjust fuel,just set your target afr...
my question is i don't have a 2.1 or newer scanmaster with the updated chip....do i need it? or does the chip work off the wide bands input off the power logger like i understand it does?

thanks for the help....

A Scanmaster is not required, but the Powerlogger is necessary so the wideband signal can be fed into the ECM.

Eric

I dont think you can use the wideband chip, with stock injectors, I think you need 50lbs or larger. ASk Eric

I dont think you can use the wideband chip, with stock injectors, I think you need 50lbs or larger. ASk Eric

True you have to have enough injector so you don't run out of headroom on the correction

Anyone have a preference in widebands ? I plan on doing the same after I install my powerlogger.

Anyone have a preference in widebands ? I plan on doing the same after I install my powerlogger.

i use a AEM UNGO,comes with an gage,same sensor for two years now,no trouble....ive read about a plx sensor that will run the pl w/o a gage...your prefference...look in your pl settings,you'll see some sensors already calibrated to the program,probably simplest to go with one of them,like the two already mentioned.

At the present time I suggest for NGK AFX which uses the NTK sensor for $250. The NTK sensor will last way longer on leaded fuel compared to the bosch sensor, just due to sensor design. The trade off is a slightly lower response time.

GaryK1970 - have you tried out the WB chip yet? I have the same AEM w/b and powerlogger and am also curious what others thing about the wb chip versus a standard kickazz Eric alky chip.

GaryK1970 - have you tried out the WB chip yet? I have the same AEM w/b and powerlogger and am also curious what others thing about the wb chip versus a standard kickazz Eric alky chip.

LC-1, powerlogger, wb correction chip, scanmaster, 93 octane, dual nozzle alky, 32 psi:eek:, trapping 127 mph = me likey.

got the chip in this week (thanks Eric) and ive read the instructions....but i havent put on car yet...will do tomorrow and report back....had to get my 57 chevy truck runnin today:eek:....
should be easier to tune.....i need all the help i can get dialing in this crazy fuel system of my car....

ran it once to blm learn,then again a test run....worked very well....22.5 psi,10.8 afr......that was the afr factory setting...ive gone 11.5 before with out knock...will lean out a little at a time next test run(S)...car runs good,idles great. two thumbs up...

ran it once to blm learn,then again a test run....worked very well....22.5 psi,10.8 afr......that was the afr factory setting...ive gone 11.5 before with out knock...will lean out a little at a time next test run(S)...car runs good,idles great. two thumbs up...

I bet its the best set up you ever used...........

I bet its the best set up you ever used...........

you are 100% correct...:) its one of those moments where i wish i would've done this sooner....im trying 11.5 in first and second,then 11.3 in third,fourth....im thinking that i can go a little leaner in lower gears?

Are you using methanol in the car now or not? 11.5 would be pretty lean on methanol.