You can type here any text you want

Turbo Upgrades

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Who knows the advantages/disadvantages of having a turbo upgraded in this manner? Let me know.

I am also about to have a custom exhaust wheel installed, it will look something like the second pic.

Man you need to brainstorm with Charlief1, WarWagon, MNcarbTurbo, and Dr. Frankenstein on this forum bruh..they are a few of the modding and big thinkers on these puppies....

Who knows the advantages/disadvantages of having a turbo upgraded in this manner? Let me know.

I am also about to have a custom exhaust wheel installed, it will look something like the second pic.

I like the porting but you're messing with the wrong end. You need to reduce the size of the housing as wel as the exducer wheel. The larger exducer is one of the biggest drawbacks of these systems. The exducer wheel is actually larger than the inducer and the weight of it make the turbo harder to spool. A lighter and smaller housing and wheel will spool the turbo better and if you combine it with alarger inducer wheel and housing with a better AR rating then you have a good upgrade.

Click on the second link in my sig so you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about.:smile:

I agree with Charlie,

you better have alot of Carb Turbo if you need to upgrade your turbine.

I run a 52 trim turbine but it required a 3200 stall and a 50 shot to really get moving.

the biggest issue you will find with upgrading the turbine on the stock style system is that it will require a aftermarket downpipe to be fabbed. as there is very little sealing meat left around the flange to hold much of a gasket.

A.j.

Really? I thought you had to use the factory carb? and the S10 that I was going to get the TBI from got stolen a couple days before I went down to the shop and they took 4 other cars too:mad: Welcome to Flint:rolleyes:

that stinks. ask charlie but i think you can 83turbo has a ebrock carb.

Im curious to know what kind of quarter mile time a stock 83 carb turbo motor can pull off, IF the car is stripped out, suspension is modded (on the lines of what charlie is doing to beef it up), up'd the boost, run water injection to help control detonation, and run a nitrous shot off the line???? I think it could do pretty well, what do you guys think? Is a turbo upgrade necessary? What is the stock turbo's boost limit, before your just moving hot air? 20psi? Too many question i know....:biggrin:

You're a trip man. LOL What's a damn "carb turbo", "83turbo", and an "ebrock"?

carb turbo, turbocharged carbureted buick v6 obviously-Aj and Charlie and WarWagon can expand on this.

83turbo-a member here who NEEDS to do a compression test lol

ebrock-short for edelbrock.

Im curious to know what kind of quarter mile time a stock 83 carb turbo motor can pull off, IF the car is stripped out, suspension is modded (on the lines of what charlie is doing to beef it up), up'd the boost, run water injection to help control detonation, and run a nitrous shot off the line???? I think it could do pretty well, what do you guys think? Is a turbo upgrade necessary? What is the stock turbo's boost limit, before your just moving hot air? 20psi? Too many question i know....:biggrin:

I don't know if anyone has done the mods that I'm doing to the car right now.:confused: These cars can be moded just like the SFI cars but you really need to use your head to do it. The upgraded turbo will flow almost double of what the factory unit will and reduce lag because it has a smaller exducer. That's one of the biggest issues with the early design. The exduce is larger than the inducer wheel so you have to overcome the weight to get it spinning. By reducing the exducer and increasing the inducer you get more flow and by going with a more efficent design like the 86-87 turbo you get better boosting.:biggrin:

Carb/turbo or C/T system is the early draw through system like we have on our cars. 83turbo is a member on here that has some serious issues with his car and is to young to understand how to work on it.:eek: As Camo said, Ebrock is short for Edelbrock.:biggrin:

carb turbo, turbocharged carbureted buick v6 obviously-Aj and Charlie and WarWagon can expand on this.

83turbo-a member here who NEEDS to do a compression test lol

ebrock-short for edelbrock.
lol bingo

I don't know if anyone has done the mods that I'm doing to the car right now.:confused: These cars can be moded just like the SFI cars but you really need to use your head to do it. The upgraded turbo will flow almost double of what the factory unit will and reduce lag because it has a smaller exducer. That's one of the biggest issues with the early design. The exduce is larger than the inducer wheel so you have to overcome the weight to get it spinning. By reducing the exducer and increasing the inducer you get more flow and by going with a more efficent design like the 86-87 turbo you get better boosting.:biggrin:

Carb/turbo or C/T system is the early draw through system like we have on our cars. 83turbo is a member on here that has some serious issues with his car and is to young to understand how to work on it.:eek: As Camo said, Ebrock is short for Edelbrock.:biggrin:

bingo

Back