You can type here any text you want

TurboBob, Need help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CGASTON

TurboBob, I sent you and short PM and also sent you and email. PM ran out of space and I could forward you the rest cause your inbox is full. So I sent complete message in email format you your email address.

Here are my questions::::

Good morning, Clinton Gaston here. I have a few questions and really don’t know where to start. I hope that I can address them to you in a manner that I not confusing. I have owned an 87 T-Type for over 10years now. I have been in the military for 10 years and just recently ETSed. My car has set at my father's place for many years. You may know him, Howard Gaston. We now that I am off Active Duty, I want to get my car back up and running. Technology and things have changed a lot since I first started racing. Well I live in Sierra Vista, AZ to start off with. I recently bought a scanmaster and powerlogger for my car back in Jan - Feb this year. I had some weird idle and rev issues that I believed that I was able to tune out.
Several months ago the temps were around 40-50s and I was able to get my TPS to set at .42 volts and my IAC around 20-25. Needless to say that it does fluctuate up and down from 14-27 volts. But average is 20-25. Now yesterday the temp was 100*. I looked at my reading on the scanmaster and my IAC was really high, up in the high 30s (38 volts). I had a hard time getting it to adjust down to 20's. I even adjusted the idle screw almost out of the throttle body. Weird I know. After I was able to get it set and after multiple offs/ons. I got the IAC to 20 volts. Let it run for a few minutes and then she would drop up to 13-16 volts. I am lost. The IAC is a little over 2 years old. (Borg Warner brand). I notice that I would get a much snappier response around 15-20 volts and a slight hesitation around 23 volts. Any suggestions? Powerlogger files probably?
Now I have seen a lot of talk sparks plugs but no real knowledge given to answer questions. I have read about gap size for amounts of boost, gaps for timing, and different plugs other than AC. I run AC R42/44S usually. Can you give me the incite on plugs? Can you tell me anything about E3 plugs? Does anyone use them? NGKs?

Now vacuum lines..... I am replacing all my vacuum lines soon and want to know if anyone has a vacuum diag. On that shows routing of lines, what size and length goes where? (I know that is a strange one, but I am anal and ocd when it comes to things like that) And anything that someone has noticed over the years to improve performance.
What about PCV valve? Use or don’t? At idle I get some crankcase vent from my breathers, and when I rev it up, it goes away. I have hardly any vacuum at idle.
Here is my setup with less than 200 miles on the motor:
85 block, retro to 87. Stock intake, plenum, and throttle body but all ported. I have stock heads that have 1.76 intakes and ported. My came is a precision 224/224. T63 turbo with 50lbs injectors. I have 10:1 Wiseco pistons, but have been grooved to allow valve clearance. So more like 9.5:1. This is pretty new motor with no hard miles. Has been on track prior to rebuild with same setup. Had a bad bob weight on the crank that caused the crank to walk and throw a rod. I have a T400 trans, manual valve body reverse pattern that I am pulling and throwing in a 200r4 with Diers valve body and 9.5 (3500rpm) look up. Please advise so that I may get this thing down the track soon. Also I am things about going to E85.... maybe alcohol.

Back