"Turn on" psi adjustment - New kit

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Helping a local out with the tune.
Where is the "turn on" adjustment knob located, in the new revision kit?
(I know where it is on the old kit :tongue:)

Same place as the old one. Under the slide cover.

I preset it for 7 PSI when it leaves me.. what are you wanting to adjust it to?

Same place as the old one. Under the slide cover.

I preset it for 7 PSI when it leaves me.. what are you wanting to adjust it to?

Well, I need to take a closer look.
I opened up the controller box (2 screws) and did not see anything.
Must be in “the other box”.

Makes me wonder if I need to upgrade "my" controller. :confused:

If it is set for 7 PSI, I need to verify a few things.
I was told the light comes on around 5 PSI (mechanical boost gauge), and wanted to adjust to 7.

Thanks Razor.
U are the man! :cool:

You cant really expect MAP sensors and boost gauges to jive up. They measure pressure a little differently.

You cant really expect MAP sensors and boost gauges to jive up. They measure pressure a little differently.

Jay,
Understood.

I once did a test on my car with the PL and pressure srouce.
Mine was within 0.5 PSI.

Which one do you suggest I believe for dynamic testing?

You could have leaks on the line leading to your boost gauge. This is typical from gauges installed many years ago. Understand that a small leak will make the gauge read less. As not 100% of the pressure is applied to the nipple on the back of the gauge. Those clear plastic lines start to break down after a few years.. ozone.. heat.. etc.

MAP are usually very accurate. This is why I never T into the line feeding the MAP sensor. Becuase any breach to the MAP it wont respond correctly.

My preset setting on all Buick controllers is the same. 7 psi or 2.2volts dc. If its activating at 5 according to your gauge, You have air leaks.

Jay,
Understood.

I once did a test on my car with the PL and pressure srouce.
Mine was within 0.5 PSI.

Which one do you suggest I believe for dynamic testing?

I'd believe the MAP, especially if youre tuning with something that relies on it like a MAF Pro or one of the speed density chips out there.

You could have leaks on the line leading to your boost gauge. This is typical from gauges installed many years ago. Understand that a small leak will make the gauge read less. As not 100% of the pressure is applied to the nipple on the back of the gauge. Those clear plastic lines start to break down after a few years.. ozone.. heat.. etc.

MAP are usually very accurate. This is why I never T into the line feeding the MAP sensor. Becuase any breach to the MAP it wont respond correctly.

My preset setting on all Buick controllers is the same. 7 psi or 2.2volts dc. If its activating at 5 according to your gauge, You have air leaks.

Razor,
Agreed, and now I know not to change anything. :biggrin:

I'd believe the MAP, especially if youre tuning with something that relies on it like a MAF Pro or one of the speed density chips out there.
That is what my thoughts were. Thanks Jay.
I appreciate the feedback gents!