You can type here any text you want

TV lever spring question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtnhopper1

I just installed a 200 4r in my 1967 camaro. When I unbolted the TV lever inside the trans, a green spring and what looked like a bent cotter pin popped out of the lever mechanism. It appears to be some sort of safety. The spring fits over the pin, which then fits into the lever, but I can't quite figure how it all goes back together.

Does anyone have a picture of how this thing is supposed to go back in?

BTW, I'm posting here becasue you guys seem to know more as a group about the 2004r than anyone.

Thanks, in advance.

thats the "tv checkball lifter" and you can't leave it out without removing a checkball from inside the valvebody.

You are correct that its a safety. In case the TV cable breaks or becomes unhooked from the throttle, the linepressure defaults to some default level to prevent trans failure.

Someone will post a picture I'm sure.

Bob

thats the "tv checkball lifter" and you can't leave it out without removing a checkball from inside the valvebody.

You are correct that its a safety. In case the TV cable breaks or becomes unhooked from the throttle, the linepressure defaults to some default level to prevent trans failure.

Someone will post a picture I'm sure.

Bob

Cool, thanks. I knew someone here would knnow what it was.

Yeah, hopefully someone has a picture or diagram. Anyone?

Back