TV lever spring question

mtnhopper1

I just installed a 200 4r in my 1967 camaro. When I unbolted the TV lever inside the trans, a green spring and what looked like a bent cotter pin popped out of the lever mechanism. It appears to be some sort of safety. The spring fits over the pin, which then fits into the lever, but I can't quite figure how it all goes back together.

Does anyone have a picture of how this thing is supposed to go back in?

BTW, I'm posting here becasue you guys seem to know more as a group about the 2004r than anyone.

Thanks, in advance.

thats the "tv checkball lifter" and you can't leave it out without removing a checkball from inside the valvebody.

You are correct that its a safety. In case the TV cable breaks or becomes unhooked from the throttle, the linepressure defaults to some default level to prevent trans failure.

Someone will post a picture I'm sure.

Bob

thats the "tv checkball lifter" and you can't leave it out without removing a checkball from inside the valvebody.

You are correct that its a safety. In case the TV cable breaks or becomes unhooked from the throttle, the linepressure defaults to some default level to prevent trans failure.

Someone will post a picture I'm sure.

Bob

Cool, thanks. I knew someone here would knnow what it was.

Yeah, hopefully someone has a picture or diagram. Anyone?