You can type here any text you want

twin or single turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LCA1971

SVO 4.5 turbo
I know it's not a BUICK, but it is a V6!! :D I'm building a SVO Ford V6. It is close to your S2 engine's a far as CI. This is an old BGN eng. 4.060 bore, 3.520 stroke, comes out to around 274ci. Will this eng spool a pt-88 for 1/8 mile head-up racing? :confused: It is a t6 flange. Should I go to a t4 flange or should I run twins! If so with ones? Any and all comments welcome!

Thanks for any and all help!
Chris Atkinson

Howdy man,

I'm just down the road in Centerville. Sounds like a neet project. Basically 1 big will give you better performance on the drag strip because you less systematic losses with only one set of bearings, wheels.... ect to turn. However it will be slower spooling because it will have to be big to match the topend effeciency you want and you'll have 1 big heavy set of wheels to speed up. You also have the plumbing issues to worry about for headers, intercoolers, and the like. Can you get either headers off the shelf? What are your goals? What kind of car is this going in? Define the problem and the people with the practical knowledge will help you make an informed decision.

Personally I like twins but I don't have the fab skills to make the required headers and then figure out the accessory roughting to get everything to work. That and I'm using a production block so its not as durable.

Good luck dude,

v-6 ford

LCA1971 said:
I know it's not a BUICK, but it is a V6!! :D I'm building a SVO Ford V6. It is close to your S2 engine's a far as CI. This is an old BGN eng. 4.060 bore, 3.520 stroke, comes out to around 274ci. Will this eng spool a pt-88 for 1/8 mile head-up racing? :confused: It is a t6 flange. Should I go to a t4 flange or should I run twins! If so with ones? Any and all comments welcome!

Thanks for any and all help!
Chris Atkinson
chris, my friends terry and tj strange are building a v-6 engine for a mustange to run osca type racing they are using a pt-91 turbo and a glide with a chance convertor, they may be able to help you, if interested pm me and ill give you their ph# oc,

OC- Yes I know TJ, I'm building this to run in the same class as him!

As far as the turbo goes, I'm not sure that it will spool up fast enough for 1/8 mile racing! I was told buy Dave at Majestic, that twin 60's would be the way to go. As far as headers go I'm building my own,as well as the crossover tubes. I'm trying to make around 1100-1200 hp! It will be on alky and have a carb. So if any of you guy's are making this kind of hp, please reply with suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Chris
Outlaw 8.5

Back