Twin Turbo Buick GS Project

update? ever going to be done?

I ask myself the same thing often. Major setback with body shop. After 2 years of multiple missed completion dates, a lot of money, and a lot of BS, I had to pull the plug and take it to another shop. We were hoping that all they would have to do would be to finish the work but no such luck. TONS of body filler used, warped body panels, etc, etc........Basically had to start over because bodyshop #1 did a total hack job on it and EVERYTHING is having to be redone. The pics are just to give an idea of the degree of hacking I'm talking about. It's now at Legen's Hot Rods which is a highly reputable shop that will knock it out. Needless to say, I've learned a few tough lessons with this build.

There's been more work done on the car in the last 3 months than the last 3 years but it's heading in the right direction now.

Just in case anyone has ever heard or looked at using...........STAY AWAY from Jacob Miles @ Milestone Custom Paint in Mt. Juliet, TN!

Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue but I can't see your pics, there's a Photobucket message that says "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".

Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue but I can't see your pics, there's a Photobucket message that says "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".

Everyone is dumping photofuxit....

Glad to hear you haven't gave up on it Will. I don't post much anymore but do check on this thread from time to time. Good Luck Ronnie

Everyone is dumping photofuxit....

Thanks for the response! I can see why now, I right clicked and opened in a new window and hold ads batman, the page basically had a thumbnail pic of the car and the whole rest of the page was plastered with ads and pop up, what a joke!!

Looks like you hit your limit for FREE image sharing. Or photobucket is no longer free. Try imageshack.com

Never thought I'd do the V8 thing but...............Here's my latest project. Don't think I'd get much love over on V8Buick.com so I'm just going to stay over here.:biggrin:

My thing for Buicks started when I was a kid with my dad's 1970 GS Stage 1. It was my first car when I got my license and I promptly did what any self respecting teenager would do when turned loose with a big block - spun a rod bearing and trashed the entire bottom end. Without going into the whole story, lets just sum it up as being 16 and tons of interests in addition to cars. The GS kind of got pushed to the back burner and I later got heavy into the turbo V6s when they hit the scene and that's been my thing ever since.

I've gotten a little bored with the V6 thing and I've always had this idea in the back of my head. Since I've about done it all with the turbo V6s, why not build a modern tech twin turbo 455 GS? Although the purists may try to hang me and it will never be allowed to run at BG, the plan is to build it to 25.5 specs and drop in an LSX based Warhawk built to the magic nostalgic 455 CID. Twin 76s should provide plenty of extra motivation. We plan to be able to keep it streetable with low boost and pump gas and still be able to turn up the wick with race fuel and kick some butt. Should be a fun project.

P1010680.jpg

P1010700.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010702.jpg
Any update? I know it’s been a while but hopefully it’s running!

I know everyone has given up on it including me at times but it is coming. By a complete stroke of luck, we have a contract with a major paint company to have it in their booth at SEMA 2019 so it has to get done now.
This is one major reason i will be attending SEMA 2019!!

Great time to twin turbo the Buick 350 with the new aluminum heads, that way you keep it all Buick:cool:

I know everyone has given up on it including me at times but it is coming. By a complete stroke of luck, we have a contract with a major paint company to have it in their booth at SEMA 2019 so it has to get done now.
I will be at SEMA! Where will your car be posted up? Looking forward to seeing it.

-Jason