You can type here any text you want

Twin turbo T-Type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks. It has been hard to actually post it for sale. I have soooo much blood and sweat into it. I'm feel like I'm giving it away.:frown: There's probably $2-3,000 in 321 stainless tubing in it. (retail price) There's also 550+ hours in it, too. I spent two+ years building it. Build it, tear it apart, build it again.:smile:

Instant track car or super cruiser! Good Luck! I think its a steal at 14K

Ya, it drives like a Caddy. Except that it pulls like freight train on the top end.;) I have driven it in rush hour traffic for 4.5 hours to the track with no problems. Remember, it's just a stock turbo system, with just one more added, for FUN!;) (and one more intercooler, and throttle body, too.)

Nice setup. How do the "twins" spool versus 1 large turbo? Would your setup work w/stock torque converter and milder cam? Did you ever get any performance figures? Keep up the good work. I love to see new innovative engineering on these cars without butchering them. By the way, I'm looking for a GN or roller with a nice body for a similar project. Thanks,Howard.

Nice setup. How do the "twins" spool versus 1 large turbo? Would your setup work w/stock torque converter and milder cam? Did you ever get any performance figures? Keep up the good work. I love to see new innovative engineering on these cars without butchering them. By the way, I'm looking for a GN or roller with a nice body for a similar project. Thanks,Howard.

I really can't give you an honest answer on the spool-up, now. I had problems with the tune-up (IAT sensor was reading minus 60 degrees) when I did run the car. The spool was pretty slow, and it was running REAL fat untill it made 17 lbs. of boost. (because of the -60* temp reading). I fixed the problem, but haven't run it since. I have a fuel pump relay issue that I will fix, too. It ran 126.9 mph at 19 lbs. of boost, and 10.2:1 A/F ratio in a full weight car. It now has a glass front bumper. There is another 100+ hp left in it, with a better tune-up. "Other" projects have me too busy to enjoy my car, now, and I want to step up to a "real" race car. (read turbo LSX, unless GM goes under, then I will have to build a Toyota V8;) )
I had a big single turbo to install, but EVERYONE has big single turbos.;) I just wanted to build something that no one else has, and be functionally fast with stock Buick parts. (though heavily modified) Did I succceed?:smile:

Man, you do some sharp fab work, Big Daddy! I also really dig the Ferrari 288 you set up. I have a big soft spot for those Italian stallions! Good luck w/ the sale.

WOW!
Seeing the work you do/did, and the knowledge you have, this car is a steal!
I know it is build right, and can’t even imagine the work it took to get the car functional with what all you have done.
Truly a work of art!
No one could come even CLOSE to building this car for the asking price.
Best of luck with the sale!

PS;
Don't let other projects stop you from enjoying the car. :eek:
Now, if you are building a "real race car", that is a different story. ;)

Have any photos of the rest of the car??? Fab work is awsome! Nice job! Wish I could weld half that good! Seems like a fair price just the wrong time to sell a car :(

Have any photos of the rest of the car??? Fab work is awsome! Nice job! Wish I could weld half that good! Seems like a fair price just the wrong time to sell a car :(

I'll post some pics of the rest of the car this weekend. I have to take some new ones.
It will NEVER be the "right time" to sell my car.:frown: I have struggled to post it here. I don't "need" to sell it, I am just getting ready to move and would like to liquidate alot of my projects. Less to actually move. AND, it will make room for my next project. ;) I enjoy the "build" Now I need to start another build. The next one will be just as "off the beaten path" as this one. If you have any suggestions for "projects", let's hear 'em.

I'll post some pics of the rest of the car this weekend. I have to take some new ones.
It will NEVER be the "right time" to sell my car.:frown: I have struggled to post it here. I don't "need" to sell it, I am just getting ready to move and would like to liquidate alot of my projects. Less to actually move. AND, it will make room for my next project. ;) I enjoy the "build" Now I need to start another build. The next one will be just as "off the beaten path" as this one. If you have any suggestions for "projects", let's hear 'em.

Been there I sold my T-Type last Oct and I hate that its gone and want another super bad. I have a truck for sale and cant move it to save my life! :frown:
Id like to do an S-10 with a Buick Turbo 6 in it :) Twins would be sweet! Maybe you can build one so I dont have to lol ;)
You have the skills Id say if you opened a shop youd have a line out the door for work! Drag cars are all going turbo now too :)
Very interested in the car though.
It runs on Gas or straight alky?? Could the turbos be upgraded or is there not much room for that?? I was thinking 2 ball bearing te44's or 60's lol Put a turbo 400 and a 9" in it a nice cage and go click off some sub 9 sec. et's on the street :D
Man you could make some coin with this around here! lol

Been there I sold my T-Type last Oct and I hate that its gone and want another super bad. I have a truck for sale and cant move it to save my life! :frown:
Id like to do an S-10 with a Buick Turbo 6 in it :) Twins would be sweet! Maybe you can build one so I dont have to lol ;)
You have the skills Id say if you opened a shop youd have a line out the door for work! Drag cars are all going turbo now too :)
Very interested in the car though.
It runs on Gas or straight alky?? Could the turbos be upgraded or is there not much room for that?? I was thinking 2 ball bearing te44's or 60's lol Put a turbo 400 and a 9" in it a nice cage and go click off some sub 9 sec. et's on the street :D
Man you could make some coin with this around here! lol

It already has a cage in it, but no window net or cert. It runs on gas, but I originally engineered it to run on 87 octane and then switch to methanol after 5-10 psi boost. I never had enough time to work it all out. Yes, there is room for bigger turbos. (just about any 3 bolt turbo) I have twin TE60's that I was going to try and push the crank out of it with.;) Time is at a REAL premium for me right now, and just need to sell it. I will continue to design and build special projects for folks. Hopefully I will be able to show some pics of my current "top secret" project, but the project owner wants it secret. Maybe he/she will post some pics in the future.:p It's kinda fun doing secret stuff.:D

Still for sale. A couple of offers didn't pan put.

A few more build pics:

Attachments

• Copy of PICT0067.JPG
    Copy of PICT0067.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,622
  • BOP race 9-23-06.jpg
    BOP race 9-23-06.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,607
  • Copy of BOP race 9-23-06 005.jpg
    Copy of BOP race 9-23-06 005.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,599
  • Copy of brake system 017.jpg