UMI Lower CA install

Bescurred

BOOSTED SHAMU v2.0
Anything special or tricks to help me do this myself? I'll have the car on jack stands and i'll have to do it on my back. I have the control arms and new bolts...

I did uppers and lowers last year. I didn't have the driveshaft installed. It was kind of a pain in the butt to do. Seems like one would line up easy and another wouldn't. I might have had too much taken apart. I took the springs and shocks off. Not sure what I would do differently. Air tools make a bit easier. Be careful not to stress the rubber brake line that attaches to the front of the rear end housing. It would be a good time replace if it's dry rotted.

I did uppers and lowers last year. I didn't have the driveshaft installed. It was kind of a pain in the butt to do. Seems like one would line up easy and another wouldn't. I might have had too much taken apart. I took the springs and shocks off. Not sure what I would do differently. Air tools make a bit easier. Be careful not to stress the rubber brake line that attaches to the front of the rear end housing. It would be a good time replace if it's dry rotted.
I had a similar issue bolting the lowers in. Don't forget to install them with the greese fittings pointing up so you can access them later (made that mistake once). Use the greese that comes with them so they slide in easier and don't squeak. Bolt the uppers to the car first then raise the rear end up to them. Air tools help for sure.

I'm doing just the lowers, the uppers are going to remain stock for now until I can afford metco adjustables. The directions I got said do one side at a time...Mike, want to make a trip down to Senoia lol???

Lowers are the easier of the two. Just do one side at a time like the instructions say and there's really nothing to it. If you remove both it can sometimes be hard getting things to line up, so as long as you go one side at a time you'll be fine. Make sure suspension is loaded when you torque them down, you dont want the bushings to bind by torquing with the suspension hanging. Also use the provided grease on the sides of the bushings as suggested, this will ensure there is no squeaking.