Uncomfortable seats....

Seats

Red Regal Those gray seats what are they off of? Now those look Ultra comfortable and have a Classy look too . They look more comfortable then my Sratalounger. Seriously what are those seats out of? I'd rip out the interior out of our GN right now if I could find seats(front and back) like those. You are going Fast with Class! I do like the aggresive race look but that Classic luxury look is hot. Must be the Lowrider in me. I should have researched alittle better of coarse I'd found those I would have ended up slappin on some 13" Daytons with whitewalls. Not eeeven. diamond in the back sun roof top ......

RUQWKNF those black and grey leather seats look Bad, I was torn whether to get the leather look or go with the velour/cloth that somewhat matches the rear seat. After looking at your installed Should have gone with the leather ones from Summit,. The ones you have are they the faux leather seats that Summit sells? also As far as seat brackets what did you use the Wedge G-body brackets? I think those a seats sure give your cockpit a aggressive look without taking anything away from the car.

Wow, Red Regal you must be the GN pimp of south Florida:eek: . Add some velvet to the dash, mini fridge in the back and a DVD player and you are good to go.

I dig the seats RU has, but it's hard to part with the factory power seat even if my a$$ were to hurt after a long drive.

you want bad seats?

I'll give ya bad seats, try toolin around in this old 61 bucket for 2 hrs, feels like a bar stool being pushed down a cobblestone street.

Wow, Red Regal you must be the GN pimp of south Florida:eek: . Add some velvet to the dash, mini fridge in the back and a DVD player and you are good to go.

Yeah right! Me and everybody who drives a luxury car with leather seats in America is secretly a pimp. And people who drive Limited T's with leather interiors are pimps too. :rolleyes: I've only had favorable compliments on these interiors since I first installed them in TRs, years ago, so that kind of tells me you're not the go-to guy when it comes to any styling recommendations. :biggrin:

seats

the power seats are the real way to go....like philly, I'm 6-2 and 240 and my white T Limited has the 60/40's and both driver and PASSENGER seats are power so you can customize your own butt feel....of course the pillow top seats are a little extra cushy also;) , but the point is, make the upgrade to power seats,(PS...I have 2 complete seats available)

Red, are those out of an early 90's Park Ave or Olds 98?

Just to clarify...

Those black and grey seats belong to RUQWKNF27, not me. :D

I currently have factory seats in Sarah, and I can relate to how un-comfortable they are on us big guys. But I can tell you, the bucket seats in regular Turbo Ts and T-Types are a whole lot more comfortable than the GN seats. That is one of the main reasons why I prefer the T-Types and Turbo Ts vs the GNs. Also, when talking about Limiteds and their leather seats, they leave a lot to be desired as well. Depending on the condition of them, and how soft the leather is, the pillow leather seats have these hard plastic buttons in the back and seat cushion that tend to dig into your back and legs on log highway trips. Not comfy at all. :frown: The most comfortable seats that I have ever sat in, were the 60-40 split cloth seats with no center console. Followed closely by the Cloth pillow seats with half console that are the same design as the pillow leather. Those have a good amount of foam in them.

What I do whenever I take trips is to put two small pillows on each side of the seats, or else just lay one regular pillow across the entire seat. This helps tremendously on those 600+ mile long one way trips. For local cruising and fun, I simply have a folded over towel on the outer edge of the seat for just a little extra cushion.
The mixture of 20 year old worn out foam and not enough foam to start with for some of us over weight Burger King W hopper lovin Americans out there, really wrecks the seats. Red Regal T, I feel your pain and would really love to know what car those leather seats were originally out of and what is involved in the swap? I think for years, a lot of us have simply put up with the seats and have been blinded by the power.

Patrick

Seats

Red, are those out of an early 90's Park Ave or Olds 98?
They have those side bolsters top and bottom never seen those on a Limited so I was wondering as well if they were out of a Cad or upper end Olds or Buick. Will have to check out those 90 models.

Here are some other pictures I found in my collection.

Pillow cloth with arm rest and no console in an '87 Limited.

2004_0523Nats040042Medium.jpg

60/40 cloth bench with arm rest.

2004_0523Nats040125Medium.jpg

Leather covered stock buckets. Either Jax Seat covers or the other interior company.

2004_0523Nats040028Medium.jpg

DCP_3069Medium.jpg

Pillow cloth bench seats in an '87 Limited again.

buick_pic_031.jpg

Patrick