undefeatable alarm?

TType84

cookin with propane
hmm.. the reason most alarms on the steering column are practically useless is because they can be reached and fudged with in seconds by car thieves right? atleast thats what I read somewhere...

what if someone made a dash underside out of aluminum? just a solid aluminum panel with, what, a bend in it for the upper mounting points and a bend in the back for the firewall mount, a slit for the gas and brake pedals. if you used weird torx like bolts, the thief would have a hard time getting in there quickly....

doesnt seem TOO hard to make.. i could probably make one with a sheet of aluminum and some snips

what do yall think?

sounds great, for anyone who doesn't mind the non-stock apperance. BTW crutchfield has a sweet setup for all the guys out there with t-tops. Theres a microwave motion sensor included in one of their alams to bust any *******s reaching in for that scanmaster.

That could work, but like stated for people who don't mind loosing stock appearance. For the screws to put it in with,go here: www.tamperproof.com

Actually, they are the manufacturer, I would try to find a bolt shop near you that carries them. Lowes, Home Depot and such DO NOT carry them (thankfully).

non stock i guess... if you painted it black or the same color as the stock piece i guarentee 9 people out of 10 wont notice its even there..