underhood help


Active Member
Nov 12, 2002
what is used in between the sheet metal reinforcement skeleton and the hood itself that keeps them bonded together anyone know wat im talking bout?

The inner and outer spot weld around the edges(jamb area) factory used a hard type glue, years ago, 3m sold a "antiflutter kit" to bond the inner to the outer.. 3m super-fast urethane sealer would serve the same purpose,make sure you do "not" get expandable foam or simular item, it will make upward bulges in the hood..good luck...