You can type here any text you want

Understanding the basic chip settings and tuning from there?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BARRACUDA1968

I have a TT 93 chip set up for my car. I have the sales order sheet from TT.

Here's what I've been running in my head on tuning. If the chip is burned for 93 octane and 18 psi along with my other components. Then what happens if I turn up the boost? In other words lets say I had the chip burned for 20 psi and same octane. My guess would be TT would pull some timing or add fuel right?

I haven't pulled the chip to see what it say's but I believe it to be 18 psi base setting.

Is it better to have a chip for all out drag racing and one for the street or is there a base math equation I can use to offset fuel and timing when turning the boost up?

I have a S.M. and have played with different setting on fuel and timing over a few different runs but I just wondering if the is a better way to set a baseline tune when I increase boost.

If you told Eric you were gonna run 18 PSI with 93...then I'd start out about 14 PSI and slowly work my way up to 18 and keep a close eye on your 02's and KR. Personally I'd work to about 16 PSI...and leave it...but that;s just me. 18 PSI is getting near the edge for 93...and don't forget your 02's will lean out on an ambient air temperature change.

If you told Eric you were gonna run 18 PSI with 93...then I'd start out about 14 PSI and slowly work my way up to 18 and keep a close eye on your 02's and KR. Personally I'd work to about 16 PSI...and leave it...but that;s just me. 18 PSI is getting near the edge for 93...and don't forget your 02's will lean out on an ambient air temperature change.
I was told this same advice. TT chip burned for 18psi and 93.....in running 16psi. When I finally upgrade my IC (last supporting mod I have to do) ill see if I can do another pound before I go down the alky road. But for now, I'm playing it safe at 16 and my O2's are 820 WOT

From my iPhone

I'm running 20 psi now and added 8% fuel WOT and took 1 degree of timing out in 3rd and 4th gear. Alky has to be about 7 to see no KR.

I have an option of running 100 octane race fuel I can get at the pump here in town but I was told it's bad for the 02 sensors.

Probably just better to run 18 psi on the street and when I go to the track mix some 100 octane with 93 before I crank up the boost.

It's been hot and muggy here in Iowa so I'm not sure how it effects these cars? I would think cooler air will lean the car out even more or am I wrong on that?

Usually 100 octane is unleaded. Sunoco has it. That won't hurt the O2 sensor.

Back