You can type here any text you want

uninstalled my alarm. car wont start. purple wire???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trbogn

I just uninstalled my alarm and I got all the wires out and everything. but, there is a factory purple wire that comes off of a bundle of wires. this wire then comes into a little black square where it is sodered to a terminal. then a purple wire and a black wire come off the box and are cut and taped together. the toher two terminals on the box went to the alarm. So, I tried to start my car and it wouldnt start. so I am guessing that the purple and the black wire go to my starter?? i looked around and couldn't really see the other end (where it was cut) of the purple and black wire. do you guys know what I shouuld do?? thanks alot. I am home for spring break and only have a week to drive my car, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
adam isadore.

There should be a 10 AWG purple wire that is the ignition wire that was cut and used for starter kill, if it is cut there will be 2 purple 10 AWG wires that need to be soldered or butt spliced back together. The black wire is probably part of the relay if it does not look like a factory wire.

The purple wire is cut in 2 an then tied into a relay which is closed when alarm is off and open when the alarm is engaged, just make sure that you reconnect the 2 purple wires and you will be back on the road again :) .

Back