You can type here any text you want

Up-pipe if you don't want to drill a hole in your original for alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just collecting dust :biggrin:

A few years ago, i think it was may/june 2002 when i purchased my Dodge, i was traveling to kansas city from birmingham alabama hauling a car on a trailer and i spotted a 10TH going the opposite direction.....

Its been awhile, was that you going the other way when you purchased your car?
I remember talking to someone on this board and describing what the person looked like and what he was wearing going 75MPH the other way....

Small world if it was you.
BW

Attachments

• 100_3070 (Small).jpg
    100_3070 (Small).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 152
Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Just collecting dust :biggrin:

A few years ago, i think it was may/june 2002 when i purchased my Dodge, i was traveling to kansas city from birmingham alabama hauling a car on a trailer and i spotted a 10TH going the opposite direction.....

Its been awhile, was that you going the other way when you purchased your car?
I remember talking to someone on this board and describing what the person looked like and what he was wearing going 75MPH the other way....

Small world if it was you.
BW
Yep, that was me, driving a 22k original mile 10th TA all the way from Maryland :) As I recall you were hauling a MR2 or similar car?? For some reason though seems like we were headed the same direction on the interstate, fairly early in the morning either south on I-65 or west on I-59/I-20 coming out of Birmingham. I remember you saying on here that you had a 10th TA before.

I dont remember where we crossed paths on the highway, but i know you were going the other way.. I was a deer in headlights with the 2 tone color starting on the front bumper :biggrin:
Glad to see i can finally put a name to that memory, been awhile.
Yes it was a turbo MR2...

Actually, i have owned 3 10ths.. 2 autos and 1 4speed

I was the only kid in high school with 2 cars, and both were 10ths / autos and later purchased the 4speed car my freshman year in college.

My dad bought me the first 10th when i was 14/15 and we rebuilt the motor and trans and had the car running and driving within a year from when he bought it out of a barn in 90...

I need to scan the pictures of me as a kid with my first 10th at age 14, i think you would get a huge kick out of seeing me tearing the car apart and getting it on the road.

pacecarta- Nice decal set you have there, i knew a guy locally here that was able to recreate those using 3m products and i installed a set on my first car after i got it painted.... The car got ALOT of attention with those decals!

I ended up selling a few more sets of decals along with another set of silver t-tops once i got into turbo regals...

Did i mention that i lost something in the backseat of my first 10th with my girlfriend when i was 17 :biggrin:

OH back in the day :biggrin:

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
I need to scan the pictures of me as a kid with my first 10th at age 14, i think you would get a huge kick out of seeing me tearing the car apart and getting it on the road.

pacecarta- Nice decal set you have there, i knew a guy locally here that was able to recreate those using 3m products and i installed a set on my first car after i got it painted.... The car got ALOT of attention with those decals!

I ended up selling a few more sets of decals along with another set of silver t-tops once i got into turbo regals...

Did i mention that i lost something in the backseat of my first 10th with my girlfriend when i was 17 :biggrin:

OH back in the day :biggrin:

BW
Very cool! I had a '79 Z28 as my first car, my brother and I had to build a motor for it, definitely a very good learning experience that set the tone of the rest of my life with cars I guess.
z28side.jpg

Those decals are now made by Phoenix Graphics, seems like they are around $300-400 for the entire set of pace car decals including the nascar rear panels.

You lost something in the back seat of a 10th?? :D How'd you both fit back there? When I was 16 we tried it, just wasn't going to happen back there and since the seats didn't recline on those '79 models ...so we opted for the hood :D

Found some pictures.... and this :biggrin:

BW

Attachments

• 67 bird NEW 009 (Small).jpg
    67 bird NEW 009 (Small).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 114
Back