You can type here any text you want

Update on engine rebuild

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Take it easy Jimbo,

I know it may be your daily driver, but you may have over done the repair. With major surgery like the one you had done, one has to plan for much down-time. If one wants it done quick then one will exceed the budget which should be spread out over a period of time. That way income balances with debit. I know what it's like trying to balance a labor of love, house, kids and a barking wife, (it's not in that order). Let it sit for a while and don't blow a hole in your wallet. It's O.K. to be methodical yet frugal.....

Words of wisdom.....been there....:( :D

Fred (FC227) Like Freddie said it's my daily driver, It was only going down to fix problems and make a few mods. First delay was the timing gears, my car could not have pick a worst time to break :( right before BG..Timing gear was back ordered for 4 weeks. The longest delay was Comp cams...8 WEEKS from time of order to get it with 4 times telling us it was shipped when it wasn't even ground... On the biter side they have offered me $100 off future parts...still thinking about it.

Freddie: It's not that I didn't have the money, it's the wife only gave me $2,200 to put it back on the road(she manages the money and does a great job of it)....OOPPPPSSS Yes I went a little over. half of it is parts...maybe over if I add the turbo..

Oh and another delay, the guy I'm buying the turbo from has his car in the paint shop, when it's done he's converting it to a 86/87 plateform. So if he pulls the turbo he would have to tow the car about 120 miles. We are hoping that the paint shop is done today so he can drive the car up on Sunday and pull the turbo.
I did here my car run over the phone friday :D :D I'm very happy I think I will like the cam grind.

Jim

Well I picked up my car Friday.....It's still not complete. Exheust leak(just a little welding needed) and of coarse the trans fixed.
I like the new exh and cam. Seems to have more power, but have not boosted over 7 psi yet.
The problem with the trans is shift points.. TV cable adjusted right (I think) 1-2 3,000rpms...2-3 4,000rpms..I guess OD would have to be 5,000rpms but have not pushed it that hard yet.

To adjust TV...push lock lever, slide adjuster back then move thorrtle to WOT and release...Is this right?????
Jim

That's how to adjust it.

When I got my trans back, I had to move the slider out a couple of clicks to soften the shifts and lower the shift points. The rebuilder said this was OK as long as the shifts are still firm and it downsifts OK.

Anything 1/2 throttle or more barks the tires on the 1-2.

I've loosed it and readjusted again...Shift points are back to normal.....1-2 1/2 throttle bark the tires. 2-3 barked the tires again....:D 5 psi boost 1-2 the tires broke loose for a sec...Need wider softer tires. Darn thing will snap your neck. Forgot to check the down shift.. :rolleyes:

The trans is still getting a standard rebuild..I can hear the front pump in OD,D,2, but not in reverse or 1st.

Back