update on the buick stang

gnracer1

The car as everything is getting snatched out....
Mustangside.jpg

Engine Bay after 302 motor pulled out
bay1.jpg

Had to get custom motor mounts made homemade
motormount.jpg

Engine mac up
motorinthecar2.jpg

Engine bay before paint
Beforepaint.jpg

BrettandDanoPainting.jpg

Painting.jpg

After painted
Afterpainting.jpg

Another engine mac up
motorinthecar.jpg

Will have shots of roll cage shortly.

Looks great! Did you fab up your own engine mounts etc? One day I'll be putting a notch back together:wink:

Keep us updated!

Ray

Roll bar rules:

Cool.. another Mustang Hybrid.. :cool:

Being a convertable you reailze that the 1 3/4 bar that you installed will only make the car legal by NHRA/IHRA to 11.49 ET.

You'd need a 10pt to get to 9.99 ET and a funny car cage to be legal to
7.49 ET.

That's the way I remember it... Please check the current rule book for the final word as they've made some changes..> I just remember them hitting the convertables hard for cage/bar rules.

Hate to have you go to the track and be scoffed off and not know it was coming.

~Scott

Hard top cars: Roll bar (9.99) 10pt cage (7.49) Funny car (4.99?)Never had to worry about that fast yet ;)

ya is a street car and the local track dont give a flip about cages. i do have the parts to make it a 10 point but it would make it a pain in the butt to get in and out of

Here are some pictures of the roll cage painted with the same paint I painted the engine bay with.

paintedrollcage2.jpg

paintedrollcage3.jpg

paintedrollcage4.jpg

paintedrollcage5.jpg

paintedrollcage6.jpg

Wow, you sure are gettin it done:cool: I'm really starting to get the bug again, also I just located a notchback. It's in very good condition, only down fall is that it's a 4cyl:frown:

Keep the pics coming.....:smile:

Some of the interior is in... Still have some more to go!

dashin2.jpg

dashin.jpg

Seatin2.jpg

seatin3.jpg

seatin.jpg

Sizing up the seat!

Brettincar3.jpg

Brettincar2.jpg

Brettincar.jpg

My girl sitting in the car... She likes it!

tashaincar2.jpg

What paint did you use on the engine compartment and roll bar? Thanks and great job!

looks like its coming along quite nicely.. keep up the great work and keep us updated

the paint on the engine bay and the roll bar is called black hammer rite
yes i do have the orginal drive train that came out of it
it is orginialy a 5.0 5 speed

Ok guys here ate some updated pictures of the Bustang. Sorry it took so long but I have been busy with the car and other things.

Here are some interior shots....

motor1.jpg

motor2.jpg

motor3.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Cntryattitude/motor4.jpg

Tires that are going on when it is done.

motor5.jpg

Now the motor........

motor6.jpg

motor7.jpg

motor8.jpg

motor9.jpg

motor10.jpg

Things are coming together pretty good but it is taking some time. that when the money is tight things don't get don't as fast as you would like them too.

looks good gnracer1.now i wish i could just make some decent passes in mine without hurting the engine everytime i take it to the track.

ya is a street car and the local track dont give a flip about cages. i do have the parts to make it a 10 point but it would make it a pain in the butt to get in and out of

If you don't mind what color blue is that GT in the background pic. Looks beautiful.:smile: