You can type here any text you want

Upgrading Stock Calipers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
Looking to upgrade my stock calipers. What brand do you guys recommend?

I rebuild the originals. New seals, slide's and o'rings are all available and easy to replace.

Looking to upgrade my stock calipers. What brand do you guys recommend?
I believe SSBC has stock replacement calipers that bolt right up to the front, I could be wrong.... I think (xcessiv6) here has them on his car.......

Brad I just ordered the willwood factory upgrades. I will let you know how they go. Or if you want another set of stock ones, I have silver painted ac delco ones I put on last winter that I would sell cheap.

Brandon.

Brad I just ordered the willwood factory upgrades. I will let you know how they go. Or if you want another set of stock ones, I have silver painted ac delco ones I put on last winter that I would sell cheap.

Brandon.
hello; I'd like to here how the Wildwoods work out for you. I looked at them quickly but are they really an upgrade or just replacement? Also what pads and rotors are you going with?
IBBY

Brandon.

Let me know how much more stopping power you think you have with the Wildwoods Brandon. Thanks.

I installed the SSBC kit on my buddies GN last year. Did Rotors and bearings gave the brakes a good bleed. Took it for a spin and they worked really nice. Double piston caliper made to fit stock location and had great stopping. He was still using a Power master system.

I use the SSBC calipers too. Have held 12 lbs of boost on the line with them, I do run a Ford 9" rear with 11" drum brakes but could never hold that much boost with the stock calipers so they do work.

TR Custom Parts said:
I use the SSBC calipers too. Have held 12 lbs of boost on the line with them, I do run a Ford 9" rear with 11" drum brakes but could never hold that much boost with the stock calipers so they do work.

You guys may also want to try the cross drilled and slotted stock replacement rotors available at Napa. I use them on stock calipers and have no problems stopping at 150+ with no fade. The SSBC calipers sound like an interesting upgrade.
AG

I will post the info on the calipers when they get here (Size, weight, fitment) I won't have any real world info till next season. Price is good on the willwood calipers about $100 less than the SSBC. Both look good though.

I will post the info on the calipers when they get here (Size, weight, fitment) I won't have any real world info till next season. Price is good on the willwood calipers about $100 less than the SSBC. Both look good though.

Brandon...let me know if they fit inside the stock GN rim.

These are the ones I am running. http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092106-sport-twin-quick-change-aluminum-caliper-upgrade-kit.html

Sort of wish I went for the black powder coated instead of red but they work great. Replaced the stock hoses with steel braided when I did the conversion.

M54519219.jpg

newrevs 005.jpg

I have a set of SSBC PC silver, $75 shipped.

If Brad isn't interested in these.....I am.
Can you send me some pictures pls.

Will these fit with stock 15" GN steel wheels & also 16" GTA rims?

PM sent

thanks,

dave

Back