You can type here any text you want

urethane bushings and Metco lowers on!...plus wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

Energy Suspension bushings with new hardware from Kirban for the body bushings now installed. This set up doesn't ride bad...It rides better than it used to because I had missing and wornout bushings before. The car's steering response even with the front sway off is so much better. Nice.

Metco lowers...holy crap these are rigid...no give at all...you can feel everything in the road but that joker is straight as an arrow and when it takes off, it takes off. I have the instant center brackets but I didn't use them....I can always put them on later.

Also...I trimmed the fenders and trim back to the screws that mount the trim. No issues rubbing with the 275/60s on a 8inch rim with the car dropped. It's defying popular belief on here...but that's with a 4.5"bs. I can use a 1/8th" spacer if I want and not hit the fender, but it's merely what I want at the time ...

So, track setup runs C'line ConvoPros 15x4 and 15x8 with 165s on the front and 28" MT drag radials on the rear.

Street set up: American Racing Torque Thrust black center polished lip 20x8.5 all around...245/35s on front (26"tire) and 255/35s on rear (27"tire).

I'll try to get some pics up on my cardomain page soon.

Those Metco's are very baller looking and baller priced. Any reason those are better than the steel ones like UMI or spohn?

I got mine very tastefully used...in good shape for way cheaper than some new UMI's. The real difference I see would be in the bushing area. These things are a block of billet too...I don't see them deflecting at all. That being said...if the best deal to be had was on the UMI's...I'd buy them too. LOL.

I have the Metco rear LCA's and their adjustable UCA's on my car. I also decided to install the LCA's in the stock location without the ICM brackets mainly because I heard from some guys that they were not needed. If you have the LCA's I would suggest you also get the UCA's as they are really a key piece as you can adjust the pinion angle. As far as the ride goes on the street I noticed my car seemed to feel much tighter and stable compared to when I had the stock stuff. As far as price, you know what they say "You get what you pay for"! Metco makes quality stuff and they have been making parts for our cars for a long time. I will admit, I got a smoking deal on the UCA's from a good friend but even if I didn't I would not hesitate to buy their stuff over some of the others that is out there although Paul (HRPartsNstuff) makes quality parts as well.

Back