You can type here any text you want

US30 update

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
I am just going to copy and paste an email a friend of mine forwarded to me.

email #1
http://media.putfile.com/MVI_235338
Here I am at US30 dragstrip were a car hasn't done a burnout at or
on in over 21 years,we went out there cut down all the weeds & tree's
and then laid a few down,wow what a great time !
layda Mikey

email #2
ok people.
Well the cats out of the bag,for those of you that dont know, mike rachanski,myself,mike's sister kim,and al tucci have been working on reopening the old US30 dragstrip,if you got the photo's i sent a couple weeks back where i was doing burn outs on the starting line,i thought that would have given it away but we said it was just for my 25th anniversary,
http://www.thetimesonline.com/artic...op_news/9ec93525bf1c5532 862570b70008a9d9.txt
well anyway here is the paper from indiana, and as of today everyone in the area knows whats going on,so wish us luck so we can make the great one's ruuuuuuuunnnnnnnn again.
THANKS MIKEY A

Us-30

I know Mike A. for a loong time and he now lives across from my dad's house. I heard that they were trying to re open it up. And everything sounds good so far. Well see.

Steve Pitts

So, buddy and I went out to US 30 today to try to get a picture of the AHRA shield at the start line.

Apparently everybody is hot on that place, b/c its crawling with cops. We couldnt even get in to take the picture :(

There's tire tracks in the snow everywhere. The main strip itself looks like its had quite a few dozen cars drive down it in the past couple weeks since it has snowed.

sigh... have to try again later. Really would like to check it out and take pictures, don't care to get in trouble with the law either. Looks like someone might be living in the trailer in the parking lot.

The burnouts probably didn't help the situation much :wink:

Us 30

Sorry Guys, I have not heard anymore about this. I will keep everyone up to date if I hear anymore.

plan falls through

Well, I do not have good news to report. Mikey Layda believes he was one council meeting away from getting his project approved (getting it rezoned for commercial property Etc.). Ben Christ was going to sell him the property and told Mikey he was excited that he was going to reopen the drag strip. According to Mikey, Ben had promised he was going to sell the property to him, and gave him and his team 180 days to get the deal rolling. That is of course until someone offered Ben 1.6 million CASH for the property! Mikey states: “I just knew when it went public that someone with some money would try to back door us and they did”.

Attachments

• US30 no more.jpg
    US30 no more.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 148
I think its time to go find this new buyer and have a nice "discussion" with him. :mad:

what a f#$&*@ prick... only did it of the publicity of the property. That developer is probably trying to make a fast turnaround on the property for money.

Instead of it being developed, now its gonna sit some more.

anybody got contact information for Labana development? I think its time for some group action to contact them and "express opinions"

Back