Using ARP main studs, what torque?

Jan Larsson

Freshly machined block using ARP studs and billet 2 center caps. Should I use the stock torque as outlined for bolts or something else? Double checking as I also asked the machine shop what they used when aligign booring / honing the mains.

The studs should come with a torque spec. If I remember right the main studs got torqued to 90 ft-lbs with ARP lube or 120-130 with oil. HTH. james

torque

90 with arp molly! read the directions that came with the studs or bolts!:confused:

Well if the studs did come with instructions I would not have asked :rolleyes:

Machine shop did torque them to 90 using the ARP molly so that confirms they done the right thing and I will torque them the same when I put everything back to gether. Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Mains should be torqued to the same torque it was align honed at. Its a good idea to get the torque before you get it machined.

Mains should be torqued to the same torque it was align honed at. Its a good idea to get the torque before you get it machined.

Machine shop told me they used 90 with arp lube so I'm good to go, that's why I just wanted to double check with you guys