You can type here any text you want

Using GM Knock with F.A.S.T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vr6t

hey guys,
I have a question. I have a turbo VW (3.0L V6 - 83mm bore) that I ran the F.A.S.T on last year. I want to get a knock sensor set up this year, and if possible I would like it to be displayed/controlled by the F.A.S.T system (It would be great if I could datalog it). I read that the F.A.S.T requires a GM Knock Sensor Module. Can I just pick up a GM knock sensor module, and Knock sensor? (if so does any know the part numbers) If anyone else has any experience with installing a GM knock Sensor module on a non GM car, it would be great to hear from you,

Thanks,
James

I believe that caspers has a kit to install a knock sensor in a car that is not equipped with one. Check them out at www.casperselectronics.com Do a search on knock sensor from the site and you will see the kit.

I installed a sensor on a car that didn't originally have one. I had to drill & tap a pretty big hole- at the time I had the engine out of the car, so it was not hard. But that will probably be your biggest challenge- the wiring is fairly simple after that.

-Bob Cunningham

Back