You can type here any text you want

using lm-1 to determine air filter restrictions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I am planing to use a 1 bar map sensor to determine if i am pulling a vacuum in my 4" inlet pipe under wot. With the datalogging capability it should be easy to see if theres a probem at full boogie :cool:

norbs said:
I am planing to use a 1 bar map sensor to determine if i am pulling a vacuum in my 4" inlet pipe under wot. With the datalogging capability it should be easy to see if theres a probem at full boogie :cool:

Norbs,

Did the same exact thing years ago when the naysayers were telling me that my MAF unit was slowing me down........

They said it was slowing me down and they needed to change their cars to SD, meanwhile we were running a full second quicker than them in the 1/4. So I attached a vacuum gage and filmed it while on the dyno.

Measely 406 mild motor, made 437rwhp, and 536rw ft/lbs - gage never even began to pull vacuum.

With your setup, being that you can tie it into the DFI, you can always monitor it and if your filter or anything begins to clog, you can detect it right away.

Granted, placement and other factors can effect how accurate your readings are, but overall it should indicate a major vacuum being generated should there be one.

SKi, I can;t connect with the dfi, only if i use the mst sensor input, and it will just give me a voltage reading on the datalog. Interesting that you done the test though. Hows the car running now?

norbs said:
SKi, I can;t connect with the dfi, only if i use the mst sensor input, and it will just give me a voltage reading on the datalog. Interesting that you done the test though. Hows the car running now?

Just got back from Australia...and have not have a chance to get out to the track yet with it; but did go for a little cruise last night for about 100 miles. What I did before I left for my trip seems to have really helped it out. Pretty pleased with the tune now....will play with that idle to gear a little more with the info you guys gave me. But yesterday it seemed real good.

This upcoming weekend I will be taking my fathers car to the track to see what it can do on a good prepped track. Here are some pictures of it from right before I left. I have been working on this pretty much all winter long; along with mine....looks like I finally figured out the suspension. Not bad for a 3700# car with ~70% of the weight on the front, and 30% on the back, running 10" wide rear tires! With no half back! :D Again people told me I would NEVER get this car to hook up. Believe me when I say it was not easy, but she now is hangin'em past the 60' cone that you can see in the photos. :D Track completely UNprepped.

16508103783.jpg

Car went 9.65@140MPH

Here is a video with me driving it:

Click here to watch Launches-35

Might take mine to the dyno also during the week to see if I can get some reading on it, never took it there in the last several years with the 434 motor...might be neat to play with the DFI there.

Good luck with your experiment.

launches pretty tough! But i like the vette better:)

Norbs, Hi I'm new here, great site. I hope a guy with a V8, EFI, blower car can chime in.
I am very curious in the results of your inlet/MAP test. I had a 4" X 3 foot piece of flexable aluminum drier hose connected from my blower inlet to a K&N filter (fresh/cold air intake). On the chassis dyno at full throttle it collapsed and riped a hole in it. There must be some vacuum when using an air filter.

Ski, Great pics and vid. That thing launches hard!!

Bill.

Back