USPS managed to mess up again. I'm sure it doesn't just happen to me. Take a look.

whitehot1

I'm about 80 miles North of Cincinnati,Oh. The package was to be delivered on the 8th. How does something like this happen.

The Postmaster General needs to pull her head out of her behind and check some tracking numbers. She doesn't need to go undercover to check on how things are running at USPS,not even leave her office.

Arrived at USPS Facility

2015-12-07, 15:02:00, LAWRENCEBURG, IN 47025

Arrived at Post Office

2015-12-07, 04:22:00, LAWRENCEBURG, IN 47025

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

2015-12-06, 15:09:00, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

2015-12-03, 06:36:00, AUSTIN, TX 78710

Remember this summer when you sent me the thermostat and it went back and forth from Nashville to Knoxville a couple of times before it finally arrived? Someone has hexed you.

Remember this summer when you sent me the thermostat and it went back and forth from Nashville to Knoxville a couple of times before it finally arrived? Someone has hexed you.

Yeah i remember that fiasco too. I think you are right about the hex but would rather think it's just poor management at USPS.

The worst experience i had with them,was when i ordered an item and didn't know the location it was at until they sent me the tracking number for it. I checked and discovered it was only 18 miles from me but by the time i received it, it had traveled over 400 miles.:wideyed:

I had a set of rims literally crisis cross my state twice, east to west then north where it went south before coming back north to get delivered. I m in Iowa and they went from OH to NE to IL to MO to MN to finally in a sorting town in southeast Iowa before coming back north to get delivered. I felt like checking their passport stamps to see if they left the country! They did arrive safe and sound though eventually. Though with more miles on them than I'll put on them in a year!

I had a set of rims literally crisis cross my state twice, east to west then north where it went south before coming back north to get delivered. I m in Iowa and they went from OH to NE to IL to MO to MN to finally in a sorting town in southeast Iowa before coming back north to get delivered. I felt like checking their passport stamps to see if they left the country! They did arrive safe and sound though eventually. Though with more miles on them than I'll put on them in a year!

I just knew it wasn't only me that this stuff happens too. Sorry for you having my kind of luck with them though.

But in their defense like you said, all my packages have always arrived to me in good condition. Never lost any of them. Just not the most economical way of delivering packages.

Well my package has arrived and i have it here in my hands. Even though it took a scenic route before getting on the right direction.

Good job USPS ! For correcting a mistake and getting my package to me on time.

USPS isn't alone , My converter Dave Husek shipped to me via UPS went from NYC to Syracuse past Rochester ( where I live ) to Buffalo , then back to Rochester the next day ! Funny thing is when they went by Rochester the UPS hub is less than a mile from the NY State Thruway they were driving on .

Just wait till they lose something of yours. They lost the alternator that I sent back to Kirban. Last tracking# showed it was in Hazelwood, MO. No more USPS for me.

"Funny thing is when they went by Rochester the UPS hub is less than a mile from the NY State Thruway they were driving on ."

UPS, nor USPS deliver individual pkges from their main transport trucks. It goes to a bulk break point, then to local dist points, out to customer...
I've used USPS Priority mail for injs, for 20 yrs...Can't recall an issue w/ delivery.
Just rec'd a radio from CA...3 days to my door.
An i/c from NJ...3 days.
Jegs..2 days.

If the package got a sticker with the wrong code on it, the package goes where the code sez. There isn't a address scan. It gets to the delivery vehicle and then the delivery person reads the address. If that code sticker doesn't get pulled off that package , it gets into the sort and it gets sent back to where the sticker code until someone pulls the sticker. The shear volume of packages is staggering and at the holiday season it just grows exponentially. Now that people are getting comfortable ordering on line it is just crazy.