V12 Buick

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
I was reading through my power source book and came across this .
7F73DBCB-DDD6-4946-ABA2-911EDAFD77D7.jpeg

My question is has anyone built or have seen this be done before ? Sticking 2 Buick V6s together and making a V12 ?

I wonder would it fit into TSO rules? :unsure: I do know of one engine builder who said that if he didn't sell his 2 stage 2 motors that he would try it, but he sold them.

Tractor pullers use every engine setup known to man or woman. Turbo with gas turbo on alky, turbo diesel, supercharged with alky, na big block, Allison aircraft, helicopter turbine, etc. Once again yeehaa!

Tractor pullers use every engine setup known to man or woman. Turbo with gas turbo on alky, turbo diesel, supercharged with alky, na big block, Allison aircraft, helicopter turbine, etc. Once again yeehaa!

^^ X2
Back in the '80's in our club alone (MTPA) we had a guy running (2) Corvair flat 6's coupled end to end in the mini rod class and one in the 5 & 7,000 lb modified class with a 409 coupled to a 427 called the "odd couple".

There were a couple guys from southern Iowa that would come up to MN and pull with us, they liked to build 1/3 scale farm tractors (JD, IH, Ford, JI Case) and power them with a 215 aluminum Olds V8 with a single turbo.

Every now and then we'd see a guy with a Packard tank engine powered rig and one with a radial aircraft engine.

At the Nationals you'd have Art Arfons with his turbine powered Green Monster. There was one called the "Super Banana" with twin turbos pumping into a supercharger.
A friend of ours had a twin turbo'ed 427 BBC called "The Hummer".

There were some pretty wild setups.