Vac Line Question

cmokem

I just got done using a Mity Mite tester to check all my vac lines off the vac block. All the lines held great vaccuum expect for the pcv line and the second line from the front of the vac block that feeds the egr valve. This line will not hold vac at all.....is this normal???

TIA

Bob

Originally posted by cmokem
I just got done using a Mity Mite tester to check all my vac lines off the vac block. All the lines held great vaccuum expect for the pcv line and the second line from the front of the vac block that feeds the egr valve. This line will not hold vac at all.....is this normal???
Bob, the PCV purposely does not hold a vacuum. I'm not sure about the one going to the EGR. I do know it travels beyond the EGR and is used to open/close your dash vents. You may want to check that vacuum line going from the EGR to the firewall. Hopefully, the leak is in the engine compartment and not under the dash. Good luck, Joel

The section that feeds the "dash equipment" is fine and holds vac..it the line that goes to the egr valve that I am wondering about. The PCV is a given

Thanks for the response
Bob