You can type here any text you want

vacuum bleeders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnloyalty877

t'squick6
Which vacuum bleeders are you guys having the most success with. I was looking for an alternative to having someone in the car pumping them.

MityVac. Pulls the fluid through the bleeder screw without pumping. I have my own method for bleeding though:

I have a spring loaded brake pedal lock used when doing wheel alignments that I use when bleeding brakes. It's like having an extra man helping me. Pump the pedal a few times, then set the brake pedal lock. Open the bleeder screw and the spring keep the brake pedal going down. Close the bleeder, repeat as necessary. Works for me.

Vacula works well for me. It hooks up to the compressor (AIR, NOT a/c) and creates enough vacum to suck the entire system down. If you need to bleed the brakes it works great.

Vacula's are great. Not sure if a Do It Yourselfer at home with only 1 car to work on could justify the cost, though. Maybe he could advertise brake system maintenance flushes in his neighborhood.:eek:

That's it. We used it at a couple of shops I worked in. Fill up the master cylinder, leave cap off, hook up shop air, put the tube on the bleeder and open bleeder screw until clean, fresh fluid is flowing out. Don't let the master cylinder go dry. I always went back around an would pop bleed each cylinder one time for S&G. Works great.

I have a mityvac and I never can quite find the right tip to work on the TR's rear brakes. Sure is a lot of work pumping them down.

Now Russ Selkerk (S10xGn here) had a great idea over on the hot rodders bbs.

Hotrodders Bulletin Board

If you decide to do the conversion Rob PM me. I'll be taking one off soon for sale.

The problem I always run into when I bleed the brakes using MityVac, is I suck air around the bleeder threads. I always revert back to gravity bleeding or the two person method.

There is place local to me that sells the Motive Products pressure bleeder. I was going to buy it but the did not have the correct master cylinder adapter in stock. Summit Raccing also sells it. Motive Products

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The Motive bleeder doesn't work very well on stock PM master cylinders due to the fit of the adaptor. I've got one if anyone wants it.

I now use a Mityvac bleeder similar to the Vacula. As far as I know they both function the same. It is an issue with the bleeder threads sucking air unless you take them out and wrap them with some teflon tape before bleeding. All in all I like it OK.

IMHO.... the way to do it would be to reverse bleed the brakes by pumping non-areated brake fluid thru the bleeder back into the M/C. I did this on a stubborn slave cylinder one time on an early 90's F150 truck.....that is the only way I could get the slave cylinder (hyd. throw-out bearing) to bleed...... thought it should work great on stubborn brakes....

Back