You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brake pedal for G body?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Gbodypedalvacbrake001.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake002.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake003.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake004.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake005.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake006.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake007.jpg

Gbodypedalvacbrake008.jpg

Thinking of converting my Regal over from Powermaster brakes to vacuum and as I understand a pedal swap is required.

I found this one on line, guy claimed it was from a vacuum brake G body. But I wanted to post pics to triple verify before I start ripping out the old one.

Can I get away with using just the pedal with my current support? Or does it need replaced too with the one seen here? (after I clean it up/paint it of course)

Also this one is held up to the support by a bolt. Isn't it not supposed to be a clip on the end of a dowel pin or something?

Thats the correct pedal for vacuum brakes. You don't need to use the pivot bracket. Your old one is fine. Plus it will save you some time since you don't have to clean the rust off. I've never seen a pedal that crusty before. Looks like it was sitting under water for ten years.

The easy way to ID these pedals is that the vacuum pedal always has the hole on top of the pin. The HB/PM pedal doesn't have an extra hole. If you wanted to have manual brakes you would want to move the pin to that hole. That's the way GM did it when they offered manual brakes on the 78 G-Body.

Back