You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IrvJr

Got my swap over complete. But the pedal seems harder than i figured it should be. What should i check for?

The car runs at 14in, but i only ran it for a few minutes to back into the garage. I will check tomorrow when i finish up the gauges. What kind of vacuum should i need?

Aftermarket cam? Most run at 17-18 at idle with a stock cam. Anyway, when my pedal went hard it was a bad booster.

Yeah a 210/210 roller. My stock motor never got better than 14-15. It better not be a bad f'n booster after the pain in the ass it was swapping it.

I hear a pretty big vacuum leak where the master cylinder comes thru the firewall, can hear it from under the dash. What could that be?

there is a seal in the back of the booster, (where the rod goes thru)
also another in the front of the booster, (between the booster and the master cyl) check those first,
unit should hold vac after engine is shut off.
if not, possible diaphram or internal seal problems,(check it PRIOR to install)
also , remove the drivers seat to access under dash, SOOOOO much easier!

I hear a pretty big vacuum leak where the master cylinder comes thru the firewall, can hear it from under the dash. What could that be?
Booster's bad if you have the hissing sound coming out of the booster. The seal is bad. If it was good then you might hear a slight hiss when you apply the brakes but only for a short time. Sorry Irv.

Thanks for reminding me about removing the seat - I need to swap 2 vacuum units in the GN

Sucks. I bought this from a veteran seller awhile back and just got the time to put it on with all the other upgrades. No way he will refund me a partial amount for a bad booster.

Lets hope so. I miss driving her. And of course its raining right now, hope it stops when i get off work.

good info on here. finishing bleeding my swap-over tomorrow. glad to hear somebody else thinks this swap is more of a PITA than i've heard. good job gettin' her done. i removed the 5 nuts for the front seat in the beginning and am OH SO GLAD I DID. if anybody else does a swap without it, they are either a contortionist or insane!!!!

way to go on the swap.

Call me insane. My power seats are messed up and wont move forward to get to the back 2 bolts.

i wouldn't call that insane - just dealing with what you got.

Even with the seat out of the way, i wanted to get my 6-year old to crawl under the dash and help out! It's tight in there.

Back