You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Canister

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xcessiv6

Boom Tube
Anybody run a Vacuum reserve canister with the vacuum brakes I am going to autocross and road race.:confused:

I did, I had some vaccum leaks which I have yet to correct. My car is down, but I was told that if the system is set up properly, with no leaks I wouldn't need one. I think I'm going to continue to use it, as insurance, can't hurt...

I never needed one. You can buy them through Jegs and Summit.

The key to fast times on the autocross course is to be smooth with the gas and brake pedal. If you find your self "pumping" or "stabbing" either pedal than your doing something wrong. With that said than you should have plenty of vacuum for braking.

When I am in boost I have no pwr brakes it takes time to come down and get pwr brakes.

When I am in boost I have no pwr brakes it takes time to come down and get pwr brakes.
Hi Eric! Well you personally have seen me in my old GN on the autocross :biggrin: and It also had the vacuum brakes. It had good brakes while under boost!

I'll take a look at your car if you want when you come down here for our RTTH4 event.

I just done the vacuum conversion on my new "T" also, simply because I liked vacuum brakes much better. My new car I can even hold 7lbs boost on the line with them!

Scot W.

Scott I think I might need a new one way valve when in boost I do not have power brakes. I 'm coming down even if I have to sleep in my car.

Scott I think I might need a new one way valve when in boost I do not have power brakes. I 'm coming down even if I have to sleep in my car.
Glad to hear your coming for the event! My house is always open to you if you need a place to stay!

Scot W.

Back