Vacuum in brake booster & you guys are gonna laugh @ me

fastlikeanascar

Its never fast enough !!
everytime I come off my burnout I dont have time to build enough vacuum in my booster to hold me @ the line..

I'm moving backwards..

11/12/08

I1: 1.56
I2: 4.97
I3: 7.80
(MPH) 86.823

E.T: 12.407
MPH : 99.008 " 17#'S Blown headgasket " :frown:

03/11/09
" upgrades "
ported & polished heads, intake , larger valves & valve springs.

I1: 2.078
I2: 5.414
I3: 8:398
(MPH) 83.485
I4: 10.910

E.T: 13.029
MPH: 107.136 " 20#'S screwed up & threw it in neutral from 3rd to 4th
how much time could I have lost ?" stop laughing @ me!! lol

whats the best way to get vacuum in the brakes fast... I have line lock but dont use it.. should I start ?

everytime I come off my burnout I dont have time to build enough vacuum in my booster to hold me @ the line..

whats the best way to get vacuum in the brakes fast... I have line lock but dont use it.. should I start ?

Bring the revs up in neutral to maybe 2000-2500, lock the brakes down, hit the line lock, then let it idle down and drop it in gear.... you'll have more vac. above idle.... maybe that will help??

This may be an even dumber Response but IDK ?:confused:
There is a filter between the vacuum block & booster, but idk if its a 1 way check valve.

This may be an even dumber Response but IDK ?:confused:
There is a filter between the vacuum block & booster, but idk if its a 1 way check valve.

Well this is gonna seem gay :p but suck on both sides and see if its a check valve or not. If it isnt get one so the booster holds vacuum and doesnt let boost in the booster. hope this helps

Yeah just a Little.. :biggrin: Daily how much time do you think I lost by hitting neutral ?

you shouldn't be going to 4th at all while you're racing. if you want the rpms to drop, lock the converter. 4th gear won't live at wot quarter mile passes.

Yeah just a Little.. :biggrin: Daily how much time do you think I lost by hitting neutral ?

Sorry I had to go there ;) . To be honest, I havent a clue. If you dont have the check valve in place you are only going to apply as much force to the brakes as you can push down on them. With the check valve you should be able to push on the brakes maybe 1.5=2 times before the vacuum assist runs out. By the way, engines have the MOST vac on decell (19+ in.hg). Depending on how fast you stagged if you wait a couple of seconds you should have enough to hold the brakes, unless maybe you are starting to put pressure to the booster.

Using the line lock would help during the burn out but if you set it at the line your still not applying PSI to the rear brakes to hold them from spinning, So IMO its usless at the line

So start suckin and see if its a filter or a check valve :biggrin: lol

the actual fitting that goes into the booster is a check valve, and the fuel filter looking thing that is in the hose that goes to the engine is just somethign that keeps the gas fumes from the engine from getting to the brake booster when the engine is shut off.

the actual fitting that goes into the booster is a check valve, and the fuel filter looking thing that is in the hose that goes to the engine is just somethign that keeps the gas fumes from the engine from getting to the brake booster when the engine is shut off.

damn no wonder I'm dizzy Daily has me sucking & blowing gas fumes.. LOL :biggrin: .. J/K