You can type here any text you want

Vacuum Line Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

First question does this line from the vacuum block goto this line? This line traces back to the MAP Sensor. Red line drawn between them, might be hard to see. Top two pics

Bottom pic is check valve that EGR vacuum line was plugged in to. Would I just cap it right here? Circle, but hard to see. Ported heads egr blocked off have a block off plate coming soon.

Thanks Charles

Attachments

• vacuum line to MAP sensor.jpg
    vacuum line to MAP sensor.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 249
  • vacuum line to MAP sensor 2.jpg
    vacuum line to MAP sensor 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 250
  • EGR Block Off.jpg
    EGR Block Off.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 257
My friend you have a mess. I would get all those vacuum lines pulled out of the engine bay and start over. Looks like a nightmare for you. Too much going on in there. There is a vacuum line diagram or vortext.com or gnttype.com You will have a tuning/idle mission impossible.

Wow, I have a mess. I have two very specific points that I'm asking about. In the top pictures, do I need a piece of vacuum line to run from the vacuum line that is attached to the vacuum block to the three way connector. One side of the three way connector connects to the MAP sensor. I think all I need is a replacement piece of vacuum line and tie wrap for this. The other side, I'm not sure where it runs to.

Now the bottom pic shows where the EGR vacuum solenoid used to be pluged in to. I was wondering where to cap it since my EGR is disabled and I have a block plate coming to replace the EGR valve.

I would run the map sensor by itself. Off the metal vacuum line over to the map with hard line. You have too many peices of rubber hose. Lots of places for vacuum leaks.

I would run the map sensor by itself. Off the metal vacuum line over to the map with hard line. You have too many peices of rubber hose. Lots of places for vacuum leaks.

You know what, I have a couple of friends I'll see if I can reference their vacuum routing. Compared to what the I see on gnttype.org, things just don't add up.

Thanks,
Charles

This should help you (see attachment). If you have alky injection, designate the vacuum line from intake hard pipe to MAP by iteself with no Ts or splices.

Attachments

• vac_federal.jpg
    vac_federal.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 195
Back