You can type here any text you want

vacuum lines and plenum routing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detomaso71

I am doing a new engine and will be using fast xfi. How and where is the bst place to route vacuum lines and avoid the so called octopus on the plenum? Any pics and what do I need to have in the way of parts ? Trying to simplify it and improve the looks

Thanks

Make a block off plate for the TB. drill and tap a 3/8 NTP hole in the back of intake under ciol pack . use your chice of house to run to a 6port vacuum block got mine from evil bay for $40 you can also get one of a rustang for $2 or $3 if you dont mind plastic and hose clamps.
Here are some picks of mine. You can also see ware I moved my IAC in this pic.

86 Buick GN :: IMG_1559.jpg picture by earl87gta - Photobucket
IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

I added a spacer plate drilled and tapped for 1/8 npt. Used some 1/4 barbs with 1/8 threads. The pcv I drilled into the side of the plenum and used a 90deg 3/8 barb with 1/8 threads. Worked out pretty good.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Attachments

• Sep04_0001.jpg
    Sep04_0001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 431
  • Sep04_0002.jpg
    Sep04_0002.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 445
That’s how I did mine originally but I was worried it raised everything to much and it would rub my hood insulation so I changed to the vacuum block.

That is very cool setups. I recently bought Cottons hardline kit and block {nice product} but have yet to install it. I like ya'lls idea of mounting them low and out of the way but I have a Champ. intake and the plenum is taller than stock so a plenum spacer may be too much. I need to get creative I suppose, otherwise I'll have to mount them on top.:(

We were able to eliminate some vac lines, convert others to hard line, and only have a couple short rubber lines about 2" going into a block on the firewall for the MAP sensor and boost controller, both mounted under the dash. :smile:

We had a planning session and were thinking and designing "outside of the box"! Great working with knowledgeable, talented and experienced car guys. :biggrin:

Attachments

• New engine 2 9-4-2010.jpg
    New engine 2 9-4-2010.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 395
  • New engine 9-4-2010.jpg
    New engine 9-4-2010.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 389
Hose ID in mm

Thanks for all the cool ways to do it and pics!

I already have the Air Temp sensor in the back of intake under coil pack so I will add the vacuum at same port.
What size vacuum hose fits all the factory tubing?
I found cheap hose but its measured in ID (inner diameter)
millimeters, is the tubing about 3-4 mm ID?

I was planing on using 1/8in air tubing and fittings. No more ruber lines for me. I was going to post that up here and see if it was better to go 1/4 or 1/8 before I buy every thing. you can see what Im talking about here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/me...24211-new-cotton-motor-all-done-back-car.html this is a car with Cotton's vacuum line kit on it. Im just going to get 100Ft of the stuff from granger you can also get it by the ft from a few other places. Im running a 3/8 line to the block then will run the rest from the block. Im still undecided as to ware the block will be monted Ive got to hid it so it may end up in the car under the dash or somthing or maybe bolted to the under side of the coilpack. I just dont know yet how Im going to run it and I started stripping car down for paint this weekend so wont have the engine in for a month or 2 depending on how long it takes me to paint it.

Thanks for all the cool ways to do it and pics!

I already have the Air Temp sensor in the back of intake under coil pack so I will add the vacuum at same port.
What size vacuum hose fits all the factory tubing?
I found cheap hose but its measured in ID (inner diameter)
millimeters, is the tubing about 3-4 mm ID?

The factory hard line is 4mm OD which is the same as 5/32" OD. I use this style fitting which has an 1/8 NPT threads: 568PL-02.5-02 | PUSH CONNECT x MALE PIPE

They also have 90* and "t" style fittings if you need them.

Back