You can type here any text you want

Vacuum pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Big88

Does any body know if someone is making a vacuum pump that would fit in where the AC delet kit is mounted? looks like an ideal location. No alternator or power steering Mods.

I have a ford motorsports (smog pump style) where the ac was. Well it just came unglued last weekend. It took some fab work but it went in pretty easy. The problem is that the pump speed is way to high. They usually run at about 2500 rpm and even with a underdrive pulley on the crank it pulled the front seal out of the timing cover the first pass i made with it. With a releif valve i got it down to 10 inches at wot but the pump only lasted about 40 passes.

I know you are looking for a belt driven pump, but one of the local guys out here Sod Bogosian uses the stock smog pump from an LT1 or LS1 (can not remember which one). It is an electric pump. Works well from what he tells me.

I used a LT1 electric pump on my stock block for awhile. It only pulls about 1 inch of vacum, but that was enough to fix the oil leaks at WOT. The problems is that they cant take the heat and you'll melt the internals out of the pump if you run it continuously on the street. I had no problems after I set it to come on under boost.

Back